hainult area

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
hi lads any of you from this area give me a heads up on some decent courses around there? sick and tierd of hainult 6 hour rounds tyvm . Essex based.

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I play fairlop waters somtimes with a mate and it is always empty. Its not in bad condition and they have put new sand in all the bunkers. Not a bad course for £20, worth a visit

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
thanks golfdub I have played there donkeys years ago never gave it much thought tbh,was looking at abridge,stapp abbots but never played them also blakes and north weald and risebridge, if any feedback on the that would be most welcome

JPH

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Play fairlop a bit , back nine was flooded most of winter , I work just next to the course , seems to be better now , if you fancy 9 holes try loughton , really tight little course , Epping is cheap and cheerful although short , Woodford sadly only a nine holer as also a little cracker , blakes give a miss if I was you , heard great things about abridge but never played there , a friend is a member there , there's also chingford (on public land so need a red top) and Wollaston manor ( which is ok as well)

joe nustedt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At North Weald last Friday, great condition particularly bunkers, some work going on the course but still worth visiting.

Woolston Manor - tricky but very nice course, gets very wet though.

Risebridge - not may favourite, if you have a shot off the mounds to the side of the fairways be careful, plenty of rocks not far beneath the surface, take nice chips out of your clubs :(

Stapleford Abbots is a nice course, has a sister course just up the road (Priors) which is easier.

Blakes - Open course, does get windy.

Toot Hill - a bit further down from Blakes/North Weald. Difficult to get on during the weekend, but well worth a visit if you can.

Maylands - out on the A12 just before you hit the M25, really nice course, a bit similar to Hainault I would say although never been too busy when I've visited.

Romford is also meant to be very nice, and supposedly easier to play on than their website would have you believe (one on the to-do list for me).