Had my 1st of what may be many lessons.....

farfaeforfar

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Today I had my first lesson with Pete Arnott at Elmwood GC.

Wanted to work on my consistency as that has been bothering me a lot. My bad shot(s) range from a leaky right push through to a full blown shank :(.

Long story short I'm now going to be working hard to address the following:
  1. Weight balance, I am very much weight forward. So more towards my toes.
  2. Getting the weight distribution more on the inner part of my sole on my right foot. I am very on edge.
  3. Open the left foot to say 30 degrees (hard to say I just know what it should look like when I look down). This is to help me rotate through and not left my left knee overflex/sway on the backswing.

I managed to get to the range afterwards and to be honest I was exteremely rubbish. My bad shots were pretty much all I could hit. The few solid strikes were much better.

So plenty of work to do over the coming weeks but happy to be heading in the right direction.

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Work hard and practice what you are taught! Lessons are absolutely invaluable in my opinion and I wish I had gotten them sooner!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great advocate of lessons providing you find a pro you like and trust and you are prepared to work hard, make the changes and be strong of mind not to resort to old habits if it starts going wrong. Stick with it and looking forward to hearing how well you are playing in a few months

farfaeforfar

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'm usually at the range for 2-3 hours a week. I'm the first to admit that isn't a huge amount of time. But I was honest and told Peter that is what I have to work with. So we'll see where it takes me but I'm ready for the two or three steps back for the longer term good. If I can sneak in some extra hours I will but its not easy with two you kids and trying to improve my general fitness also.