Hacker with delusions of grandeur - An update.......

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Glad you took a chance and it paid off. when I bought my first good set of irons I wasn't even aware of gi clubs or what would be hard to hit. I just liked the look of them. The original Nike pro combos caught my eye. Great clubs they sore too.

Glad you debunked the myth that you need to be a pro to use Mb clubs. the next thing to look at is stiff and x flex shafts. Most people are scared of these as they dont like the boardy feeling. The only reason they don't like that is because they learnt the game using spaghetti beginner shafts.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers everyone

I have a long way to go still and have the falsehood of fairway mat's probably helping my striking. Itching to play from a lovely fairway and see if i can finally take a nice divot!

I must add that even though i have gone for the more "players" irons with some success, i have gone in the opposite direction when it comes to the big dog.

Previously i had a 46 inch Red tie stiff shaft fitted to my Cleveland XL Custom 9 degree. Thing was red hot on a good day, but really difficult on a bad day. Swapped for a standard PING i25 10.5 with a 45 inch shaft and my confidence off the tee is much higher. The thing is MUCH more forgiving (for me personally) than the XL.

Only played one round so its hard to judge....but i only lost one ball off the tee and that was more down to not paying attention where the blimmin thing landed.

Having re read my original post, i have certainly been spouting off! ha

Need to put my money where my mouth is now

No pressure.....:whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Glad they are working and good luck on getting that handicap down. As others mentioned when I was a lad just starting out most clubs on offer were of the bladed nature and you had to learn how to use them PDQ (especially to avoid the thin on a cold January morning)

shortstuff

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There is a school of thought that one should use a blade for practice. It will be interesting to see what happens when the season starts a proper and you have to hit from uneven lies etc. Make sure you keep us informed.