Hacked Off

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went out early this morning with my usual playing partner. Has been a really crap week at work and a load of stress on my house sale so really needed a few hours on the course to clear my head. Playing OK, just about keeping to my handicap in the comp then we get a couple of showers of rain. On the fifth hole he declares that it is too wet so he is heading in.......

So that is it then, NR in the comp, no round of golf this weekend and still have the stresses of the week in my head. None of my playing partners are free tommorrow either and had to miss a cheap round at Stapleford Park yesterday due to being denied the time off work. Also had the day off declined for the Beau Desert meet.

All in all, thoroughly hacked off.

Apologies, winge over.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd be looking for a new partner. If it was a comp, doesn't your club have drawn partners and dedicated tee times. At my place you can put your name down and 8.00 until 9.30 are reserved. You then get randomly drawn for time and partners (although if you need an early/late time you can request it but only for unusual circumstances). After the drawn times you can roll up and play in threes or fours with your regular mates if you wanted to.

If it were me I'd dump my so called partner and get in with people that will stay the course.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you not say anything ??? Poor etiquette for him to walk off if you had a steady card going.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is the one issue with my club, there is a comp most weeks but it is pitch up and play in you usual groups.

My playing partner is normally great but let me down this week. Words will be had over beers but not worth falling out over.

With regards the comps may be looking to change next season for a club where it is a bit easier to get involved.

Apologies for any typos, several nice bottles of Sincere have been drunk this afternoon with my parents

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I can totally empathise with you here mate.

I was playing a medal with just one other bloke.

I was level par gross after the first 4 holes and he was having an absolute stinker.

We putted out on the 4th green and he said "im sorry mate but Im calling it a day" and walked off towards the clubhouse leaving me high and dry and out of the medal.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing OK, just about keeping to my handicap in the comp then we get a couple of showers of rain. On the fifth hole he declares that it is too wet so he is heading in.......

All in all, thoroughly hacked off.

Apologies, winge over.

This is why i cant tolerate Fine Weather Players......
And ill bet that the said fellow had a brolly.......The least he could have done was put the brolly up put the rain cover on his bag and strolled round with you recording your scores.......The wheel will turn GB! :(

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poor show from your partner - and I'd tell him!!!

Not much can be done now though, except, solace can sometimes be found at the bottom of your 10th pint. I don't know if that helps you at all.....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rest assured solace has been found in cider, fine wine and calvados,

next effort will be to pith up at the club tomorrow morning and see if I can find a game.