Guinness 0.0

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm teetotal. I love it. Its been around for a while and when it first came out, you really struggled to find it!!

I used to be a big drinker of the black stuff, and in terms of 0 version to original, its up there for the best 'copy' if that's the right term?!

Jason.H

Visit site
I like Guinness but not tried this yet. It makes perfect sense to me as I only have 1 or sometimes 2 of an evening and don’t drink to get pi- -ed.
I have tried the coffee version and like that but it costs quite a bit more.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It’s excellent. Of course you can tell the difference with the alcoholic version, but only to the extent that it might well be a slightly different version of the alcoholic version or be another stout similar to Guinness.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Guinness 0.0 is well worth trying, was surprisingly good.

Would be over 50 years ago now, but my Nan used to work in the Park Royal Guinness factory. From when I was around 6 or 7 I had a bottle every Saturday afternoon when we went to visit. Seemed perfectly normal at the time.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guinness 0.0 is well worth trying, was surprisingly good.

Would be over 50 years ago now, but my Nan used to work in the Park Royal Guinness factory. From when I was around 6 or 7 I had a bottle every Saturday afternoon when we went to visit. Seemed perfectly normal at the time.
When I was about that age my gran gave me 1/2 a bottle of Mackeson every time we visited and she always announced it with the famous 'looks good, tastes good and, by golly, it does you good'. She claimed her Dr prescribed it "for its iron"

Red devil

Visit site
When I was about that age my gran gave me 1/2 a bottle of Mackeson every time we visited and she always announced it with the famous 'looks good, tastes good and, by golly, it does you good'. She claimed her Dr prescribed it "for its iron"
The Dr told my Mrs to have a bottle a night when she was pregnant with our first.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

My mum was told the same.
Trouble with that cure is that you would be an alcoholic if you drank enough for the iron to be of any benefit.:love:
End of day chill out drink by another name from the GP meethinks.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ah Mackesons Milk Stout brings back memories, every Sunday a visit to my nans would end up with a glass. As said above, 7 year old having a glass, no bother! 😀

A quick google reveals it was 3% (now just 2.8%) so no harm done… The big glass of Sherry at Christmas though was another matter 🤪