Guinness 0.0

NearHull

Visit site
The Dr told my Mrs to have a bottle a night when she was pregnant with our first.
My wife had our daughter in RAF Wegberg, a British military hospital in Germany (1977). There was a fridge in the maternity ward and they were allowed a Guinness each day. However the re supply of Guinness wasn’t always a strong priority of a hospital and a good German lager was substituted. Happy days.

AussieKB

Visit site
Cannot understand why you would not drink the real stuff, if you don't want to drink alcohol there is a thing called water, same with beer, why pay to drink zero ?

Big85

Visit site
Cannot understand why you would not drink the real stuff, if you don't want to drink alcohol there is a thing called water, same with beer, why pay to drink zero ?
I guess some people like the taste of it still and don’t want the calories of normal beer, or they don’t want the feeling of being drunk and the hangover the next day.

I’d say each to their own with it. If people want to pay for 0% beer them go ahead and do it. As long as they are enjoying themselves then happy days.

Would you question why somebody would drink the zero versions of fizzy pop rather than full sugar??

AussieKB

Visit site
I guess some people like the taste of it still and don’t want the calories of normal beer, or they don’t want the feeling of being drunk and the hangover the next day.

I’d say each to their own with it. If people want to pay for 0% beer them go ahead and do it. As long as they are enjoying themselves then happy days.

Would you question why somebody would drink the zero versions of fizzy pop rather than full sugar??
I don't drink fizzy pop, zero or full, but they can drink what they like, I don't agree that it tastes the same though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is my feelings on non-alcoholic beers. If I didn't want the alcohol I'd just drink something else, like a cola or a juice. I never feel like a non-alcoholic beer is nice enough to bother with, in comparison to the real thing. And as for Guinness zero, is it still 250 odd calories a pint?? Definitely not worth the addition to the beer gut! :LOL:

Alan Clifford

Visit site
My OK zero beers are Guiness and Leff Blond. In South Africa, Castle Free is good but there appeared to be a national shortage last month so I had to drink Heiniken Free. That was OK.

I've just ordered some Doombar zero from Tesco to try it.

Of them all I've tried so far, I reckon the Leffe is the best.

AussieKB

Visit site
My OK zero beers are Guiness and Leff Blond. In South Africa, Castle Free is good but there appeared to be a national shortage last month so I had to drink Heiniken Free. That was OK.

Where do you get Heiniken for FREE

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::LOL: at some of the attitudes and opinions! So because I don't want to consume alcohol, I shouldn't like the taste of beer or Guinness and should just drink water.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::LOL: at some of the attitudes and opinions! So because I don't want to consume alcohol, I shouldn't like the taste of beer or Guinness and should just drink water.
The same people who would be up in arms were you to try and tell them what to do, or their opinion was wrong?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When I was about that age my gran gave me 1/2 a bottle of Mackeson every time we visited and she always announced it with the famous 'looks good, tastes good and, by golly, it does you good'. She claimed her Dr prescribed it "for its iron"
A great memory, the only beer my dad drank.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Slightly off topic but has any Guiness drinker tried the surger cap and cans they now have in Tesco. Some reviews are claiming that it produces the best pint of guiness outside of Dublin but I need a bit more convincing before I part with my £20.00, especially as it will be for occasional use as I use my Pefect Draft most of the time.

Alan Clifford

Visit site

The Doombar zero trial was not a success. Too malty and doesn't taste like beer. Will be stickling to the Leffe and Guiness and may have a real beer at the weekend.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Guinness zero is one of the very few alcohol free beers I really enjoy. A great drink when you want a beer but don't want the alcohol for any reason.

IJames

Visit site
The Doombar zero trial was not a success. Too malty and doesn't taste like beer. Will be stickling to the Leffe and Guiness and may have a real beer at the weekend.
Another reason to stick to the proper Doom Bar that my walking distance local serves - at least for 7 or 8 months of the year!