Guest rates

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers, mate. Where are you a member, so I can slag that off?

BL has made some changes over the winter, including new tee at the 14th. I think it is a pretty good track.

Perhaps I was a bit vague. I wasn’t knocking BL just stating £75 for a guest fee is expensive, possibly priced that way to put some guests off and keep the course for members. £75 for BL or sub £50 for a lot of top 100 courses I’d rather play.

It’s my opinion of course but £ for £ there’s better courses.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Driven past JCB on my way to Alton Towers, wow what a course that is! I guess if I was playing often I'd have to rethink those prices but if it's a one off then I'd have no issues. The wife on the other hand :ROFLMAO:

AussieKB

Visit site
I paid £200 to attend a charity day at JCB last summer, would pay that again without hesitation.

I've got a time at Rye this year, I said yes without asking how much. Been trying to get on there for a while.

All of this is meaningless as everyone has different income, different priorities and perspectives.

I don't smoke, or drink (very much.)

I'd rather spend my disposable income playing golf.
Rye is fantastic, make sure you have the lunch, I was guest a few years back and we played 36 holes foursomes matchplay with a stop for lunch, a really memorable day.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What, to introduce a guest as a member is £175?

Would not pay that and would not join a club that hit you for that.

It’s not that type of club tbh. The guest rates are not really guest rates at all as they don’t have individual members as such.

It’s a pure corporate gravy train for those lucky enough to suck on the teets of the big buisness shoulder rubbers.

I’ve played it 3 times ??

To the OP

It’s probably worth 175 a round in summer imo. Great course but needs another 20 years growth

From a pure guest rate perspective. I paid 25 quid to be a guest at hillside on Thursday

Absolute bargain

Red devil

Visit site
It’s not that type of club tbh. The guest rates are not really guest rates at all as they don’t have individual members as such.

It’s a pure corporate gravy train for those lucky enough to suck on the teets of the big buisness shoulder rubbers.

I’ve played it 3 times ??

To the OP

It’s probably worth 175 a round in summer imo. Great course but needs another 20 years growth

From a pure guest rate perspective. I paid 25 quid to be a guest at hillside on Thursday

Absolute bargain
I'm sure it's £25 for Birkdale and Formby as well. But from what I've read about JCB and whole "experience " personalised towel,Pro V1's on golf range etc all need paying for so I presume that bumps up the price.

sunshine

Visit site
I'm sure it's £25 for Birkdale and Formby as well. But from what I've read about JCB and whole "experience " personalised towel,Pro V1's on golf range etc all need paying for so I presume that bumps up the price.

Different type of club.

You can’t compare guest rates at a privately owned members club with a corporate proprietary venue.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unless I am mistaken, things are not like that in Scotland.
On the likes of captain's day, you might pay more to enter the comp but you get a drink when you come in. I always assumed that cost was covered by those fees.

Its different in some respects but not all. Captains day or Captains prize as some clubs know, the main prize is donated by the Captain. This could be a trivial piece of silver or crystal but for others it could be a 4 Ball at Gleneagles.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
When I was working in Scotland, the MemGuest rate at Muirfield was, I believe, £10, compared to Green Fee of £80 to £100. Gullane's was £5. Both in the expectation of a reciprocal invite.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

They do look after you to be fair.

Having being fortunate to have played it a few times I’d say the layout is off the charts good. Every hole is a beauty without exception.

It’s just the turf which is not quite there yet. When it does I’d fully expect it to be spoken about as a UK top 10-20 course.

It’s crying out for some European tour events. I’d love to see it on the telly as the British masters or similar.

D

Deleted member 1147

They do look after you to be fair.

Having being fortunate to have played it a few times I’d say the layout is off the charts good. Every hole is a beauty without exception.

It’s just the turf which is not quite there yet. When it does I’d fully expect it to be spoken about as a UK top 10-20 course.

It’s crying out for some European tour events. I’d love to see it on the telly as the British masters or similar.
The seniors are there this year.
I’ll watch if available, as it’s only 20 mins from the office.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't for the Wisley as I've never heard of it (forgive my ignorance). I probably would for the JCB though.

The son of one of my playing partners is a member at Wisley. To join there is a debenture to buy of around £50,000. That says enough about what it is like I think!

My PP has played a few times there and says it is a fabulous experience.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The son of one of my playing partners is a member at Wisley. To join there is a debenture to buy of around £50,000. That says enough about what it is like I think!

My PP has played a few times there and says it is a fabulous experience.

Oh lovely! Might look at joining as a country member ?