Grrrrr....................

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In the process of doing up the garden. We have two sheds out there at the moment, both are in need of replacing so I ordered two new ones from an online company I have dealt with before and been happy with.
Placed the order in May, a week later checked online for an update on it and was met with the news that my sheds had "entered production" with an estimated delivery date of early August. A bit longer than I wanted to wait, but with the Covid situation, understandable.
Went on to the website earlier this week to see if there was any change and was met with this...... "We are coordinating resources & materials ready to build your new garden building. XXXXXXXX buildings are constructed from high grade slow-grown timber which requires cutting in our own wood mill to preserve quality". No estimated delivery date showing.

After numerous attempted telephone calls (where I have been kept on hold for over 20 minutes each time and eventually gave up) and repeated emails which are going un-answered, I'm beginning to get a bit cheesed off.
How can a shed go from "entered production" to "being made ready to build?"
Sorry about the bold font, I can't seem to disable it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Not quite on the same scale, ordered a printed T-shirt back in April. Similar response, thanks for the order, a week later it went in to the print run, which then took 3 months and a few emails before it was dispatched. I mean, how long does it take to print a shirt... I guess with so many people on furlough, production is way behind

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like everything, good only comes to those who wait.
Trees grown and the sent to saw mill, now awaiting the young apprentice to cut measure and set aside for the craftman or person to do the assembley.
How long do you take waiting for a poor fish to bite.
Joke to cheer you up.
What do you call a camel with 3 humps?

Pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your time and relax until you have to demolish the existing sheds.
all the best mush.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Covid
Furlough
Exceptional demand that built up through lockdown..
Supply chain issues
Lack of materials.

Etc etc. Perfect storm. We manufacture concrete fence posts - 5 weeks behind even processing an order and currently advising 12-14 weeks lead times.