Grip Size

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I want to regrip my X2Hot fairway wood. According to the Aldila website, the butt size of the shaft is 0.64 but the largest grip core I can find on the internet is 0.6

I've read you can get 0.62 core grips but I've not found any online to buy, but even so I'm going to end up with a grip that's thicker than standard.

I'm guessing I could stretch a 0.6 grip so it's longer to narrow the walls, but is this a job for a club fitter or pro rather than trying it myself?

Or is there a better way?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As I understand it, a 0.6 undersize would still be 1/64 thicker than standard when fitted to a 0.64 shaft.

I had an extra layer on my irons when I first bought them and they only lasted a few months before I had to change them. I wouldn't have thought I d notice the difference but I could.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I see what you mean.

I build mine up to 1/32 oversize which is 2 layers total on woods and 4 layers total on irons and wedges dependant on the core size.

What glove size do you take Gary?

Stretch could be an option and isn't overly difficult to install.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use small gloves. Obviously I know nothing but I'm struggling to understand why anyone manufactures a shaft with a butt diameter bigger than any grip manufacturer makes their core sizes. :confused:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I use small gloves. Obviously I know nothing but I'm struggling to understand why anyone manufactures a shaft with a butt diameter bigger than any grip manufacturer makes their core sizes. :confused:

I suppose it's down to the length of the shaft and the fact the shaft tapers.

That said, you'd think they'd off a grip option.

I've got a 913H being delivered tomorrow that's been pre built up by Titleist so that'll save me some tape. The rest of the irons will be doneeded, probably, at the weekend along with the rest of the bag.