GPS

bettinardi14

Visit site
HI LOOKING FOR A GOLF GPS BUT WHAT AM LOOKING TO FIND OUT IS WHAT THE AFTER SALES CARE IS LIKE . FOR EXAMPLE IF I CONTACT THEN WANTING A COURSE PUT ON OR AN UPDATE FOR THE COURSE HOW LONG IT TAKES THEM TO DO IT ESPECIALLY IF ITS NOT A BIG COURSE BUT JUST YOUR LOCAL OR A COURSE YOUR GOING TO PLAY ON HOLIDAY IN SPAIN OR PORTUGAL ETC . ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT BUT NEED TO ADD NOT LOOKING AT SKYCADDIE AS NOT PAYING AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION .HOW DETAILED THEY ARE IE WITH TREES , BUNKERS , WATER , ETC CHEERS :cool:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
PLEASE DON'T SHOUT - We are not deaf :)

2 posts on the Forum, both asking for the same information. The reason you may not have had many replies to your first post may have been that no-one had any after-sales experience to offer.

For instance, I've been using a SC2.5 for nearly 3 years and have never had to contact their sales or service departments as I have never needed to. For me it's an excellent product that does what it does, has never broken down and has always had the courses I required available for download. I don't object to the annual fee as, for me, it's value for money.

It's a bit like electric trolleys. I couldn't comment on how Motorcaddy deal with problems with their trolleys as I have never needed to contact them.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I also have a SC2.5 it developed a fault I contacted Skycaddie customer service they advised a return it for repair. It was back within a week fully operational. Last week a found a fault with one of the courses, e-mailed them and fault was fixed inside 24 hours. So cannot fault their after sales. It seems to me that there is not the incentive for suppliers who don't charge a subscription to ensure courses are updated when required. I am therefore happy to pay.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why cant you use them in comps

The use of GPS in any competition is a local rule and as an iphone or similar can be used to download apps that can show information such as direction, changes in elevation etc. most clubs do not allow them to be used.