GPS with shot tracking

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Was going to do an internet search but as I'd have ended up asking here anyway I'm just going to be lazy.

Is there such a thing as a GPS device (watch or handheld) that tracks your shots over a round e.g. the number of shots you've taken as well as how far you've hit each club?

Ideally this would then be uploaded to smartphone or computer and you would see a picture of each hole and where you've hit it. I wouldn't mind manually entering number of putts and penalty shots etc.

I have seen the Garmin approach watch with the little inserts that go into the ends of the clubs but you only get three of them and I'm not sure how much use that would be.

I'd rather not have the inserts and just manually add each shot on the device if possible so I suppose a watch would be better.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Hole19 app has a "shot by shot" function which measures all your shots distances via GPS, you do have to tell it every club you hit though.

It plots the shots around the map of every hole - smart bit of kit, but a bit of a faff if you ask me.

I think id look at Arccos if I couldnt be bothered with all the data entry

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Hole19 app has a "shot by shot" function which measures all your shots distances via GPS, you do have to tell it every club you hit though.

It plots the shots around the map of every hole - smart bit of kit, but a bit of a faff if you ask me.

I think id look at Arccos if I couldnt be bothered with all the data entry

Yeah. Not wanting faff. Don't mind a simple button push. Not sure if I can be bothered with my phone during the round. Would rather have a separate device then upload to phone after.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have found a couple of Arccos sensors on the course luckily I knew what they were and handed them in . Best used with grips that have cavities for the sensors so they cannot get knocked off.