GPS watches

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the market for a GPS watch (hesitating at the moment thinking will I ever get to play again) has anyone used the golf functions on the Fenix 5 watch and how do they compare to the S40/60 etc?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fenix 5 has basic golf function, front/middle/back etc much like the S10 or S20, however it is a beast of a multisport watch.
I guess all it is missing is overhead maps but that's only on the S62 iirc.

D

Deleted member 16999

I wear the Fenix 5X as my everyday watch, use it for running, swimming and golf, as said it gives F/M/B as standard, but also possible to move pin position on green, distance to hazards, measure shot and check scorecard etc.

Connects to Garmin Golf App were you can post round edit and gives fir & gir.

Superb multi-sport watch that Golf is a tiny part of.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Agree with the comments on the Fenix 5, I have had a 5s for a while now and it has been great, wear it all the time, just switch golf on when needed.
If there was anything detrimental, it's having to download courses which I have never had to do with a dedicated golf watch, only minor as now a days you can download whist in the car park or on the course if you have forgotten.

mister v

Visit site
I have the S60 and its brilliant, it does loads of other stuff as well, like swimming app and running etc. but for a stand alone golf gps watch you wont go wrong with it, and its great for everyday use as well.
at the time i got mine it was the best i could find on the market, if theres one thats better than the S60 i'd like to know which one.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the S60 and its brilliant, it does loads of other stuff as well, like swimming app and running etc. but for a stand alone golf gps watch you wont go wrong with it, and its great for everyday use as well.
at the time i got mine it was the best i could find on the market, if theres one thats better than the S60 i'd like to know which one.
The S62 is out now. Bigger watch face and heart rate monitor among other improvements

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went for the Skycaddie LX5-C, looking forward to Santa handing it over.

have you had any chance of using the LX5? I’m tempted to have a switcheroo of devices and getting and LX5 for golf, and back to a ‘traditional’ watch for day to day use

D

Deleted member 29109

I've just got an S60 second hand off eBay for £210. It could easily pass for brand new. Only used it once but was very impressed.
It's well worth checking there or some of the Facebook golf selling pages.

I've got other watches, so this is only for golf to save me having to use the GPS on my phone. I don't care about the other features such as HRM and battery life so couldn't really justify the extra cost of the S62.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve got my eye on an S62, the virtual caddie sounds interesting and the battery life is significantly better than the s60 (I’d wear it as an everyday watch as well as for golf).

Anyone got one and able to comment on whether its enough of an upgrade on the s60 to make the extra cash justifiable? I guess that’s a very subjective question...