GPS distance information during medals.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just trying to clear something up. If someone has a GPS device can they share this information, yardages etc during a medal or other competition, with their playing partners?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes. Distances are a matter of fact so you are not giving advice so long as you stick only to the yardage and offer no advice eg which club to hit

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one already, just want tn make sure its ok to give someone else the wrong yardage
Well my original comment was in jest, I would not do such a thing on the course.

Whilst there is no specific decision about giving incorrect yardage information there is one that comes close....

8-1/9
Misleading Statement About Club Selection

Q.A made a statement regarding his club selection which was purposely misleading and was obviously intended to be overheard by B, who had a similar shot. What is the ruling?

A.A was in breach of Rule 8-1 and lost the hole in match play or incurred a two-stroke penalty in stroke play.

I would wonder if a committee would view this type of infraction as a serious breach .... Anybody want to test out the balls of their committee ;)

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's like Blackadder asking Baldrick for his Incredibly Strong Ale and actually getting water then!

So, I shouldn't agree with a caddy to pass my 9 iron when I ask for "the big dog driver" then?!?