Government job retention scheme

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
No, I go into the claim portal and it tells me I cant enter the claim as I haven't got paye online although through Sage I do. When i try to enrol and add paye to my taxes it asks for my paye account details but doesnt then accept them ??

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
He is certainly looking into what he might do if it looks like things might not open back up for a while. At the moment he's furloughed from his employment and getting a bit through UC. He's also spending the time he doesn't normally have to put together some music to release - he sees himself as Sheffield's answer to Calvin Harris...Note - Calvin Harris net worth $240million (my lad has a bit to go - but he might as well aim for the stars :) )

I asked as on post #9 you said he had zero income apart from UC. If you are furloughed you are getting 80% of your wage. Also, some employers will let you work elsewhere whilst being furloughed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I asked as on post #9 you said he had zero income apart from UC. If you are furloughed you are getting 80% of your wage. Also, some employers will let you work elsewhere whilst being furloughed.

At the time he applied for UC he did not know what he would get through the furlough scheme (he still doesn’t as his earned monthly income is not fixed). What has actually now happened is that the max that he and his partner receive under UC has as he expected been reduced to take into account what HMRC have calculated he‘ll get through furlough. I doubt that he will get another job for as long as the current situation persists or if the start up of the performing arts looks like it’s going to be delayed past October. Up to him I guess if he is ok to struggle along. But he wont be able to stand not working for very long.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We do RTI submissions on Sagecloud I'll have to try the UTR number as I still cant get in today ???

Although we use Sage, I submitted through the Government Gateway on their website, and shock horror money received in full today

Hope you managed to get yours sorted (y)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Although we use Sage, I submitted through the Government Gateway on their website, and shock horror money received in full today

Hope you managed to get yours sorted (y)
In the end I spoke to an adviser from HMRC and it took her about 30 minutes to unlock the site for me and it would have been impossible without her help. It turned out that the business had an account but nobody who's still there knew, or had the log in details. I did the furlough claim in about 20 minutes and I also found that my claim for employer NI allowance done a few weeks back was worth a refund of about £1500 - result !!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In the end I spoke to an adviser from HMRC and it took her about 30 minutes to unlock the site for me and it would have been impossible without her help. It turned out that the business had an account but nobody who's still there knew, or had the log in details. I did the furlough claim in about 20 minutes and I also found that my claim for employer NI allowance done a few weeks back was worth a refund of about £1500 - result !!

you actually got through to talk to someone at HMRC? give that man a medal!!!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
you actually got through to talk to someone at HMRC? give that man a medal!!!!

I made 2 calls on Tuesday, one to the payment office in Manchester and one to the technical help site and both answered in about 10 minutes. Sadly on Monday I tried their chat site and a stroppy barsteward closed down on me after waiting nearly an hour cos I couldn't answer one of his questions