Got myself a new driver today.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Had decided that after a good few months together, it was time for the good 'ol Ping G5 to make an exit from my bag as although long, I wanted something that would help lessen my fade without going for a draw bias club.

I decided to plump for a Titleist 907-D1 so went and got fitted today. I ended up with a 10.5* loft with an Aldila VS-Proto 65g stiff shaft.

Was very impressed with the club and hit some great drives.

The best bit, these are now available for £149, yes just £149!

Christening it at princes tomorrow.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
you have got yourself a good club there with a great shaft also, I would be tempted to buy one at that price and had indeed considered that very specification make up but I have my heart set on one of the new Titleist drivers coming out in the winter. I'm going to go for a fitting at the Titleist fitting centre to get my hands on one as early as possible- although I may have to book up rather soon I should think.

Oh yea and tell the truth after your new bag purchase you wanted a nice titleist head cover to go in it- that's all. ;)

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
same here i going for the new titleist driver 3 wood and hybrid me thinks,Where i have lesson is the best titleist fitting centre in the north of england so i pretty lucky to get to take anything out on the course with me

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
is it one of the national fitting centers andi? Or just a very good regional one? I know the one near me (Brampton, Cambs) is a national one- not sure where the other one is- I think there is 2. Do you know a release date?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good stuff Jon, looking forward to seeing it in action when you come down to Surrey for a round.

Did you part ex the G5? Is there any difference in performance?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
looks like he is a titleist pro which means he will be good for a titleist fitting. Try and bend his ear and get a date ;) Say you'll take your custom elsewhere if not :p

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
I had a g5 dont really know what the hype with ping drivers is all about,Titleist make fine drivers good choice,My cleveland going i only had it a month the noise makes me sick

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I had the 9.5 degree, with that shaft too. Couldn't do squat with it. Had it reshafted with a Harman tour design GXR, and it is now fantastic. If you had it fitted, you should be fine. Mind the head cover though, as the zip can scratch the head really easily.

Now I have my ZBs, I had to take my Vokeys out, or I would end up with the whole 'wannabe tour' look. 907 D1, 906 F2s, 985H, ZBs, Vokeys and Scotty by Titleist, all in a Titlesit bag. Hmm, hence the Whitlam wedges.

Smithster666

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got your self a good driver there mate, got the same driver my self its a fanstastic driver. I had the cleveland hi bore 9.5 degree and stiff shaft and wasnt very consitant with it so i went for fitting at Amercian golf and come home with the titleist got all confidence in the driver no where its going everytime (down the middle :p).

Wooop Woooop By The Way My First Post :p