Goodbye T-mobile - Hello ?????

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been on a long running contract with T-mobile which has been extended a couple of times. Instead of taking a new phone I've had reductions on the price instead so I was down to a £10/month FlexT deal which gave me £35 a month which I could split between calls and texts.
Just got the latest bill - b******* have doubled the cost, no notice, nothing - just 'we'll be billing you £20'. Well they're now going to lose a 10 year customer.

Question is who and what. I use the phone almost exclusively for calls/texts, occasionally use the camera but it's not very good (current phone is a Nokia 5300 which is getting a bit creaky). Don't use it for the web though I wouldn't mind having maps. I also don't mind paying a bit more.

Also should I get the pac code straight away (I haven't contacted T-M yet) as I need to keep my number, it's too complicated otherwise.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've got a sim only deal with Vodafone costs me £10.00 a month. For that I get about 500 texts and about 100 free minutes. Phone is nothing fancy, a Nokia 6303i that I bought brand new off of the bay for about £70.00. Has a camera, mp3 player, radio and bluetooth but the latter is the only thing I've ever used!
Ideal for me.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have you tried phoning them? My broadband is with Madasafish and they never contact me before the special reduced rate finishes, so if I forget the deal goes back up until I call and the give me a better deal or at least match the old one and credit me with the extra I paid.

Shark

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
sharkattack, usually I'm inundated with calls & texts months before it's due, usually trying to push the latest, bling thing at a vast increase of course. this time - zip

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loyalty isn't worth it, every year I change provider and contract that way I get the newest phones and get the best deals going.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HID wanted to look for a decent package upgrade and contacted 3 but was told they aren't doing any special deals for existing customers until after Christmas. I guess the moral is that once they've got you and you're paying every month you're out of mind until you do something about it

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phoned them this morning. According to them I've been receiving a £10 loyalty bonus every month but now the contracts expired it's ended.
Not what I was told when I got the contract, I was told it was flat rate.
Upshot I get a new phone included in a £10/month contract and the current bill chopped back to £10. Not the greatest/latest phone in the world but all I need.
Could maybe have done a bit better elsewhere but I don't have to go through the hassle.