Good set for a 13 year old?

Mike79

Visit site
My son has absolutely rocketed in height in the last year and is now 167cm but currently still playing a US Kids Golf set (yellow, up to 162cm)… time for man sized bats!

I tried him with my Titleist T200 irons yesterday and straight away saw him hitting much better - presume length of club and weight both contributing.

I would still class him as beginner, and will be having a few lessons this year.

I’ve got my old Titleist 755 irons in the garage still. Was going to try him with them next time we are at the range, but they are more of a players set than a beginner set.

Any recommendations for a first full set?

Callaway Edge boxed set seems great value. Seen some Wilson Prostaff packages also, along with Cobra and Cleveland. Probably looking around the £500-600 mark, but can put together a Callaway X Hot set incl driver/fairway/putter and bag for £945… but more than planned though

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Depending on how big and strong he is. He might be better off with ladies clubs.

My lad is 11 and I’ve been buying second hand for him. That way I’m not losing a load of money when he grows out of a set.
I’ve just got a set of Ping Prodi G which should see him into adults clubs. The quality is much better than his previous USKids.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Costco have some sets of Cobra and Callaway beginner sets for a very good price. Decathlon also do great sets of you don't want to spend too much.

NedPizza

Visit site
If he has been playing for awhile, the Decathlon set might not be enough clubs for him (not full set of irons). I had to upgrade after 3 months.
now have Callaway X HOT, mainly went for these as wanted senior shafts, but for value for money the Callaway Edge set is the way to go.