Good Online Golf Info/Resources

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Folks

What are your favourite online golf resources out there?

I’m less interested in gear reviews etc and more interested in tuition/instruction, beginner/improver info, and news on the professional game. But basically anything goes. Anything that you think would be enjoyable!

I already have a few YouTube channels I like but just looking to compile a list of good sites/channels/sources that I probably don’t know exist.

Cheers!

Last edited:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't bother much for tuition/reviews etc but do enjoy following some accounts on Twitter for news and humour, my favourites being:

@clubproguy - wins the internet daily. Just hilarious.

@nolayingup - also funny but also provide some great event coverage (in their own style) as well as some great course vlogs etc as they travel.the world

@tweeteralliss - some funny stuff when he stays in character (parody account)

@golf_history_ for daily news from the past history, can be quite interesting and nostalgic

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Bob. Nothing specific right now just trying to compile a list of various resources that may be interesting/useful to a beginner! I prefer to learn by getting out and trying rather than watching videos but it’s the next best thing when I’m stuck in work :D

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally I don’t bother with on -line tuition, and prefer face to face interaction as I feel need someone to be watching you in the present reality to be be able to judge what you are and aren’t doing right or wrong.
Obviously many like the on line source, but for me its a no.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the MeAndMyGolf guys. They have loads of tuition videos on YouTube, and also fun stuff like daft challenges they've been set by viewers.

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
Personally I don’t bother with on -line tuition, and prefer face to face interaction as I feel need someone to be watching you in the present reality to be be able to judge what you are and aren’t doing right or wrong.
Obviously many like the on line source, but for me its a no.

I class myself as a beginner having re-started at the end of April and I can without a shadow of a doubt second that comment and recommend finding a good Professional rather than relying on on-line sources. They OK for tips but I have found that some contradict each other and after watching quite a few videos I was a confused mess so I booked a lesson.

I was a social golfer about 10+ years ago playing maybe a few times a year but I did have a period where I played more often but still not taking anything too seriously. I was completely self taught and I have picked so many bad swing habits. It is a lot easier to start right rather than have to unpick later on when it becomes ingrained.

On the first lesson I was hitting my good 8 irons circa 120-130 yards with a pull and now after three 1/2 hour lessons over 6 weeks I am now hitting my good shots 160 yards in the simulated environment with less of a pull and my ball striking has improved massively. The pro picked up immediately where I was going wrong and is slowing altering my swing in increments. I still have a long way to go as I am not consistent at all as I still suffer with a dreaded pull due to being too steep but I have no doubt that I will improve.

I know it costs money but it is money well spent and with hindsight I wish I started on a new to golf type of scheme from the get go. Had I followed this route I may not have been so ambivalent about my golf in the past.

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks all. Good stuff here. FWIW I’m definitely going to be having lessons with a pro and won’t be relying on online tuition. I just like watching golf suff especially as a beginner where you can observe what good players do etc.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Chris Ryan is excellent on YouTube. Has a very slow deliberate delivery style that is easy to follow.

For instruction Chris Ryan is really good. He used to lip smack an awful lot and it really was annoying (hashtag misophonia). He’s stopped doing it now so I watch him again!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
the 'on the mark' podcast is really good.

Lots of thought provoking interviews with coaches and players. Emphasis on how to play golf, as opposed to how to have the perfect swing.