Golfing Karma - Sometimes goes in your favour

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst i'm trying to do my bit raising funds for a good cause, I've been fortunate enough to be gifted some serious favourable golfing Karma.

My brother who has played this game since he was a teenager, unlike me only been playing 2 years now. But he's always been one for changing his clubs more regularly than I do my underwear, he plays off of 1 so always tends to buy top end stuff, like November just gone he replaced his wedges in his bag buying 3 new vokeys.

However he has now become a TM Whore, he had a full fitting done last week Driver, woods, Hybrids, Irons, wedges and putter courtesy of his good friend that runs a well known online golf retail outlet and has replaced everything. He did a full trade in on all his gear with the exception of the Wedges.

Now my good Karma comes in here, my dad managed to persuade him to part with all 3 vokeys which are 5 months old for the princely sum of £60 as he was buying them off of him, family rates and all that! I was there at time of money changing hands and in one movement of my dad handing over the cash and receiving the wedges he about turned and gave them, YES gave them to me saying "here you go a little present to say congratulations for giving them a new grandchild due in September".

I was to say a little :eek:, so i managed to get 3 nearly new Vokeys for free, and due to the winter we've had I think they've only been used about 4 times! The icing on the cake was definitely though when my mum managed to guilt trip my brother into then giving me the money my dad had paid for the wedges so I could put it towards HID's friends little ones charity fund :thup: So in the end my brother got nothing for the Wedges at all, but they now have a new home in my bag and my brother has the good feeling of knowing the money is going to a good cause.:thup:

Just thought i'd share a nice moment with you all.

Hope the weather stays nice now so I can use them and all forumers can get out playing now.

Last edited: