Golfing in Blackpool...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Hi all...

I'm looking for a decent golf course to play in two Tuesdays time in the Blackpool area that won't break the bank. Ideally it will allow day passes as we'd like to make a day of it.

Maximum we'd pay is £50 as it's part of a three day trip with other costs involved so need to keep it to a minimum golf wise.

Any and all suggestions considered, cheers all.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
St Annes old links is pretty decent.

Believe Fairhaven is decent as well but never played it.

They should be around your budget.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morecambe?

Best bet is to go on Teeofftimes, put location as Blackpool and do a 25 mile radius search for the dates you want to play.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd add Lancaster onto that list as well.

If you're adding Lancaster then you might as well start saying anywhere in a 30 mile radius and add Hillisde, Hesketh, S&A, Preston, Pleasington, Shaw Hill, Chorley etc...

Personally, if you don't want to travel too far but do want a pretty decent course, then (like others have said) pay the bit extra and go to either Fairhaven or St Annes Old Links. I prefer Fairhaven but they are very evenly matched.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
In the immediate area I'd also say pay the extra for SAOL or Fairhaven. Few others just down the road would be Preston and Lancaster (both likely to be a similar price) or Ashton and Lea (Preston) which is tidy and I'd say better than Green Drive or North Shore.