Golfers Elbow

Foreplay

Medal Winner
Visit site
Had a severe pain in my left elbow for the last 3 weeks, finally went to my GP and as suspected he diagnosed Medial Epicondylitis, more commonly known as Golfers Elbow. Anyone ever had this and how long were you out of golfing action for?

D

Deleted member 1147

I've had it, I kept playing through it - just kept stretching it, occaisionally used KT tape on it. when it got bad.

I currently have de Quervain's tenosynovitis. That won't stop me golfing either!

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
When I get a flare up I rest as much as possible, use Ibuprofen gel and most of all use a Thera-band flex bar.
Just start with the red bar and stick with it. Google for Golfers elbow exercises.
Works wonders.
I started using it for computer mouse elbow, worked for that too.

When you have pain, it's hard to imagine it will ever go away, assuming it's not too severe, there's a good chance it will with a flex bar and some time.

I learnt what can cause it to flare up, like too many range sessions/ too many balls each time. Once you find what causes the most pain, then there's a chance you'll find a work around and keep the pain at bay.
Changing my swing may help, but I can manage it and a man needs to know his limits!

Good luck with the recovery.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had tennis elbow in my right arm, saw the doc and got exercises for it cleared up within a few months, now have it in the left, no amount of the same exercises has worked, struggle lifting anything with that arm..
still play golf no problem, even though it really hurts at times

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Funnily enough you should post about this as we talked after golf today,, a GP i play with talked about treatment for tennis elbow where they can take a blood sample from the other elbow, extract the healing derivatives and inject them into the injured elbow to heal it. I'm not sure it's being done on the NHS yet but it's certainly do-able