Golfdubs swing...pointers welcome

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looking for some pointers. Here is my swing from tonight but to be honest I have been hitting better for the last few weeks but I just could get it going tonight and I'm not sure why, does anything stand out to anyone ?
My right knee is moving a bit more than usual and I suppose I could come on the inside a tiny bit more. What do you guys think.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zqDENJY3Sw

Lost my balance a little on this shot but a nice ball flight.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tWq1TBFLEuo

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Take a look at your address position.
Notice how your whole body including your knees points in one direction and your toes point wayyyyyyyyy right of that.
I suggest you try and get the knees and toes pointing in the same direction

Photo0.jpg

Last edited:

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Take a look at your address position.
Notice how your whole body including your knees points in one direction and your toes point wayyyyyyyyy right of that.
I suggest you try and get the knees and toes pointing in the same direction

View attachment 4123

I think this is because I have a bad habbit of my right foot being to far forward so it looks like over compasating by bringing back to far in my set up. Im sure my v easy alignment aid will sort this out ;)

Apart from that, theres nothing major ?

Oh and thanks for the tips guys

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I agree with what Bob says about your alignment. It looked like your whole body was aiming left and that you were going to play a fade... and that's what you did. Your swing plane is also to the left (cutting across the ball)

I think your swing has come on a lot considering you used to lay the club behind you on the takeaway, it looks pretty good for a fader :D however I think you've gone just a little too steep. If you move your hands an inch or two away from your legs then swing a little more in the direction of your right hip/rib cage rather than pushing your hands away from you as you start the backswing ie: hands move in an arc around you rather than away from you at the start.

(see that white flag at the back of your hands at address and how your hands move away fom it?...)

dud.gif

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd like to see what difference the change in the knees has on the takeaway before I'd change anything else. It may even straighten up your swing path

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Iv been working on this take away issue for a while now as before it was to much on the inside and now to far on the out side. Il keep working at these issues and thanks for all the advice.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
A question to JO and or bobmac...

As golfdub holds his finish position, his left foot looks stressed and you can see the sole of the shoe. Is that an issue, albeit minor?

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When i got home today I was practicing my take away in front of the mirror and I finally relised how far over the line my club is on the take away, hence that's why my hands are getting to far away from my body but its seems a easy fix. I just need to groove it in and that's something I can do in the house :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

As golfdub holds his finish position, his left foot looks stressed and you can see the sole of the shoe. Is that an issue, albeit minor?

I don't like it as it stresses the ankle and/or the left knee. I'd prefer the left foot to be a little flared at address (maybe 20 degrees open). It's a little bit 'each to their own' but I'd never teach someone to have their left foot square at address.

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site

This is something I know needs working on but I always pushed it aside and work on other things but in this cold weather it causing a lot of pain so I'm going to get working hard on this problem from now.

Oh and well noticed kellfire ;)