Golfbidder

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have got to give some praise to Golfbidder as the service I have received from them over the last 7 days has been top draw.

As some of you know I had a few bits knocking around in the for sale section. There was some interest, very minimal to be honest so decided to take a punt and get a quote from them.

There grading process is pretty simple and, in my opinion, fairly accurate.

I got my quote from them a last Thursday. Now, bearing in mind I was asking £160 on here (job lot) I was offered £140. To me that seems not too bad a deal.

They docked £7.50 from that to arrange a UPS collection, which I didn't mnd as it would have cost me more to ship them to GB myself.

Clubs were delivered to Golfbidder on Friday last week. Cheque came through the door yesterday. The whole process from getting a quote, to actually gettig paid took 7 days..... Not bad at all.

I'll always offer my unwanteds to the forum first, but as a back up option, Golfbidder is not a bad one.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got a quote from them and was quietly impressed with what they offered. Might just take them up on it.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have always been happy with them but I'm fortunate enough to live close enough to go in and haggle. I tend to get £30-£40 on top of their original quote

It's alright for some :D

I was more than pleased with what they offered as it was in the range of some of the private offers made to the good folk on here.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suppose, like many things, it depends. When I was selling a certain set of TM CBs I got a quote, out of curiosity, now these were £380 clubs used once so I graded them as heads 9.5, shafts and grips 10. They offered £200... to me that was a bit cheeky for clubs they sell at £250 for conditions listed as 6 and 7...
I realise they are a business but taking the proverbial is taking the proverbial regardless.

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
yes i have found that the prices they offer for slightly older stuff are very good and the service impeccable.

occasionally they get stick on here for not bailing people out of their latest expensive mistake, which i think is unfair.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've used Golfbidder and was very impressed with their service. Traded my mizuno mx560 in for a Callaway ft3 (driver). The description of the Callaway was spot on as was the price they offered me for the mizuno.
Fantastic quick efficient service

PrestonXIII

Assistant Pro
Visit site
yeah gotta agree golfbidder were awesome for me i got a TM 2.0 driver off them disputed the price as it had a few paint chips on the bottom mind but alll the same, they asked for a few pictures which i provided them they gave me an option of sending it back for a full refund or they wouldtake £30 off the price,£30 is £30 in my book so accepted, hope to buy from there again soon

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I suppose, like many things, it depends. When I was selling a certain set of TM CBs I got a quote, out of curiosity, now these were £380 clubs used once so I graded them as heads 9.5, shafts and grips 10. They offered £200... to me that was a bit cheeky for clubs they sell at £250 for conditions listed as 6 and 7...
I realise they are a business but taking the proverbial is taking the proverbial regardless.

The best you'll be offered is half market price, maybe a little more for something easy to sell on.
Don't think they were out of order particularly on this one.....

Buy at 200, sell on at 350....... Not unreasonable.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll always offer my unwanteds to the forum first, but as a back up option, Golfbidder is not a bad one.

I wish I'd tried them t.b.h. some of my ebay sales were pathetic.

Got shot of 4 this week. I'm going to get about £70 all in.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Used them once to buy a club.Excellent service and love the club and its quality TM rescue.

However getting quotes for clubs I found a different matter.Whatever they offered me EVERY TIME Affordable Golf in Glasgow have offered around 20-25% more.So I dont bother asking GB for quotes anymore.

Olivavu

Club Champion
Visit site
I haven't purchased anything from them, but they appear to be very professional and thorough in what they do and I wouldn't hesitate in buying from them if someone caught my eye.

Their prices tend to be higher than ebay, but at least they exclude counterfeit clubs!

T

thecraw

They treat you like shoot with they're derisory offers. I'd rather give my clubs away than use GB for a trade in price. That said I think they rate the clubs they sell very very accurately even if the prices are higher than 2nd hand racks in golf shops.

hangukgenius

Club Champion
Visit site
I've used them to buy a club and I find they're fine if you know what you want and don't ask questions. I've e-mailed them before and they haven't responded. I've gone to the store and they've looked glum as anything and not been helpful.

Great prices for second hand clubs but shocking service.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My god, Golfbidder just offered my a measly £50 for a RBZ 3 wood, bought in June that I rate as 9 all round!! That's very very low. I understand they have to make a profit but they have the exact same club for sale at £137.
Do they think I'm going to take them up on that or are they basically saying, we don't really want it??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My god, Golfbidder just offered my a measly £50 for a RBZ 3 wood, bought in June that I rate as 9 all round!! That's very very low. I understand they have to make a profit but they have the exact same club for sale at £137.
Do they think I'm going to take them up on that or are they basically saying, we don't really want it??

Should be a good resaleable club, especially as it can be advertised "sweetspot unused"

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha Ha, it is on ebay but I thought I'd try their price seeing as Im looking at buying a couple of clubs from them as well.