Golfbidder - any experience of them?

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone used golf bidder before - either buying/selling or trading clubs?

Looking at possibly selling my 905R to them, or PX'ing it against a 3 wood. I tried to get a quote for the 905, but need to enter credit card details... don't see why these are needed to get a quote, which got me thinking...

Any positive or negative experiences most welcome!

Thanks
Mike

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with MWJ. offered ridiculous figure for A1 condition driver (still in plastic nike sumo2, replacement froma recall) £90. I sold it for £170.

As for buying, I think they are pretty good. Ordered a putter last year came when promised. no problems.

Some of my mates have also had gear from them.

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
very poor prices for p/ex goods. Highish costs to buy, However they guarantee the clubs are genuine, offer very good postal service and will allow the clubs to be returned for a full refund, postage costs not included. I've brought from them a few times with no problems as long as you're happy with the price. Prefer to sell my old stuff on ebay, get better prices generally.

John.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm guessing the low prices are no lower than a local pro would offer you for the same club? you can always get more on ebay I guess, but more risk than just sending a club off to a company like this?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
pretty much most pro's or shops will use Golfbidder to get a price to offer you.

Really Hacks me off too because when you have somethin valued and its too low, the chap behind the counter always says, well you wont get anymore for it anywhere else, like he is justifying offering you a low price.

I had a Callaway FT-I, think it was 3 months old and in top condition. Golfbidder offered 110. I payed 280 for it!

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
But its the same as selling a car to a dealer - they will always offer low - they are a business and make money out of it. They need to add VAT and profit onto the price before they sell a club don't they?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes thats understandable but the price they offer most of the time is ridiculas.

They are meant to be the best company in quoting what your gear is worth but how can that be when as you said they have to make a profit from it. I have only sold one thing using a price from golfbidder and i will NEVER do it again.

As with the car sales man, he tell's you what your car is worth but thats not true, its what he wants to pay for it and then the extra he puts on it to sell it, is what its worth!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
As with all things, the market is the market, it's up to you/us if we want to go down the easy route. But there is another way......find the trade value, then sell it privately for somewhere between the trade and full 2nd hand price, but clearly less than what every other bloke is asking.

I had to sell a car for a mate (deceased, sadly).
I asked a dealer for a straight buy....was offered £3,500.
Read in a used car guide the top private price was £4,700.
I advertised it at £4,200 ono and could have sold it 20 times over (it went for £4,000). Same with golf kit.