Golf watches

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Shows how tech savvy i am. Didn't even know it could update. Will have a look later

Worth checking the garmin Connect website too
They have a known tech issue just now with the software and means courses can't be deleted (&reloaded) after losing their ability to load on the watch (which is not unusual)

Connect App had to be deleted and reinstalled to sort it

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve got a Garmin S2. Just does the simple stuff like the S1 and is fine for my needs.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Worth checking the garmin Connect website too
They have a known tech issue just now with the software and means courses can't be deleted (&reloaded) after losing their ability to load on the watch (which is not unusual)

Connect App had to be deleted and reinstalled to sort it

Had a look on Friday slab, the Garmin site said my MacBook needs updating to 11. 🤔 Wouldn't even download the app.😖

Flubster

Visit site
I have used a Tom Tom golfer 2 and find is really good. Keeps track of scores, not too fiddly to use, and tells you how far you have just hit your club as well if you are tracking your shots so really helps me as a high handicapper. Cost about £150 I think but as that’s more useful than at of my clubs, I feel it’s money well spent.

maxy33

Visit site
Thanks guys, agree that I think it will help. I think to start with I'd only need the basics, so probably worth finding a second hand one somewhere. I normally wear a watch when I play anyway so doubt it would notice it

The only thing with 2nd hand is the battery life will be poorer than a new one, so this needs to be considered as you want to be able to get a full 18 out of one at least.

I'd definitely recommend one to anyone, regardless of handicap.