Golf Voodoo Doll....it can't work.....can it?

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not usually one for believing phoney baloney stuff like this but in the last few days I've had some really great golfing luck and I'm beginning to wonder......

Two weeks ago, the Mrs best friend came to stay with us from Wales. She's a bit tapped, lovely bless her, but an odd-bod. Says she bought me a present....I got that awful feeling one gets when they have to fake gratitude for an unwanted gift. Opened the box and its a Golfing Voodoo Doll! I laughed, the present wasn't as bad as I'd feared and the next day at work me and my boss sat around with it and decided to stick the two pins in the good side of the doll - one pin for a hole in one and the other for good golfing luck.

1st tee shot on Saturday was an over cooked draw that turned into a hook and came to rest just behind a tree off the fairway. Brilliant I thought until I got to my ball and just behind it was a bag of tees, 2 shiny Titleist PROV1 Xs and a shiny Nike ONE PLATINUM!!! Thats about £10 worth of free stuff! A gift from the fairies no less! :) :D

3rd hole - Par3 tee shot - 5 iron hit the pin :eek:!!! So nearly the promised ace! Two holes later - 7 iron from 150 to 3 feet :eek:. It felt like someone was playing the shots for me haha, I've had good rounds before but man, this was starting to freak me out. It continued throughout the round, nearly knocking the pin out from the middle of the fairway on a couple more occasions and holing some snakes along the way.

Today at work after the miracle round, I get a delivery - 12 free Wilson DX2 balls from American Golf :eek:. They were only going to send me 2 as part of the free trial but they shipped a whole box instead.

I have a medal tomoro night so I'll reserve judgement until then but rest assured - if I win it or get that hole in one, then this Voodoo Doll is staying with me for the rest of the season! :D ;)

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Erm, just having a look now and the bad side is all for your opponents! It ranges from leaving them unable to escape from bunkers, to them finding watery graves, to them getting the dreaded YIPS! I don't have any Matchplay games coming up, but if in future I do and get drawn against any unsavoury characters, flash harrys, club clowns, desperate dans, muggers, buggerers or drug smugglers then i'll consider using the doll MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

benny

Head Pro
Visit site