golf trolley recommendations

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well with my back playing up im looking into maybe getting a trolley. Im looking at 3 wheel push/pull trolleys and i like the look of the Motocaddy S1 as its small and compact but as i will use for winter the spare hedgehog wheels are not far off the price of the trolley. Plus ive heard reports the front wheel clogs up in winter so im after your opinions if you own the S1 or anything else you recommend.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've got the PK Twinline 3 and I buy the slip-on hedgehogs for it. They stay on all year.
Folds small, wheels detach.
Not as stylish as the Z3 but almost half the price.
Occasional front wheel cloggage(if that's not a word it should be!) but easy to sort..

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a s1 great trolley, but same you have found hedgehog wheels would cost more than I paid for trolley and our place has a semi permanent winter trolley ban so I end up carrying. Would recommend it for spring summer and autumn.

RobRob

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the S3 and it is spot on never missed a beat on me! the guys i play with have had theirs for 5+ years now and they have had no issues

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got the PK Twinline 3 and I buy the slip-on hedgehogs for it. They stay on all year.
Occasional front wheel cloggage(if that's not a word it should be!) but easy to sort..

I have the same.
I've tried everywhere for winter wheels and understood they're not available.
Info please Imurg?

Mav281

Club Champion
Visit site
Take a look at Stowamatic trolleys on eBay or SportsHQ. Good value for money, well constructed with decent materials and their customer service is pretty good as well.

I've had one of the previous models for about 18 months now with very few issues. The one problem I did have which came up just after the trolley went out of warranty was quickly resolved by Stowamatic at no cost to me which I was really pleased with.

Two or three freebies thrown in with the current deal as well, so definatley worth a look.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STOWAMATI...CARRY-BAG-RAIN-COVER-CUP-HOLDER-/290944819907

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you're looking at a non electric push trolley, the Sun Mountain micro cart is excellent, I have one, easy to erect, small when packed and you can buy a decent trolley bag to help keep the car clean. On the course it lite but stable and you have a brake next to the handle which I find much better than having to reach for a foot brake.

If you after an electric trolley the Motorcaddy S1 is a very good choice, bought for my dad last Christmas and he loves it, 4 different battery options to choose from but the thing that sold it for me was the ability to stop the wheels from being part of the axle connected to the electric motor so that if the battery died, you could set the wheels to free wheel, this making the trolley a normal push trolley.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loving my clicgear 3.5+ so far, 3 rounds in.
The hedgehog wheels are about £50, don't know how that compares to others. We tend to ban trolleys or not, not enforce hedgehog only so I'll just carry when needed.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had a PK twinline 3 for nearly 2 years now. Really good trolley that fold down small, nice and sturdy and it's also pretty cheap.

It may not look as flash as the Stewart trolley but at nearly half the price is it really worth paying extra for?

You can get it in white and black which I have it in and it looks a lot better than the black one.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

PK Twinline 3 was my previous trolley and was good, particularly if you are tall as the handle comes up further than some.

If you're looking at a non electric push trolley, the Sun Mountain micro cart is excellent, I have one, easy to erect, small when packed and you can buy a decent trolley bag to help keep the car clean. On the course it lite but stable and you have a brake next to the handle which I find much better than having to reach for a foot brake.

If you after an electric trolley the Motorcaddy S1 is a very good choice, bought for my dad last Christmas and he loves it, 4 different battery options to choose from but the thing that sold it for me was the ability to stop the wheels from being part of the axle connected to the electric motor so that if the battery died, you could set the wheels to free wheel, this making the trolley a normal push trolley.

Currently have a Micro Cart and would agree with the comments here, my only dislike is that the mounting system is pretty much exclusively designed for the matching bag. Having got an Sun Mountain H2NO cart bag, the Micro Cart is nowhere near as good with that; the bag is less secure and the weight of the bag rests on the brolly, hence the next purchase will be a Clicgear. Very disappointing that the H2NO bag doesn't seem to have been properly thought through to work with the Micro Cart.