Golf tomorrow - anyone else

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit late to the party.

I live in South Somerset and it gets dark by 7pm currently. It is easy to walk from 15 green to 18 tee.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm 50 miles north of you - Course I'm playing is the Ashludie at Monifieth, roughly same length as Kilspindie (actually slightly shorter) - depending on the people in front of us there's an outside possibility we'll get round. Won't be rushing though, if we only get nine or twelve holes that will do.
Absolutely brilliant day up here today, not a cloud in the sky or a breath of wind so it probably won't get dark until 18:45! . Enjoy Ashludie, as long as you don't get stuck behind the old buffers you should be fine.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is indeed a beautiful day. Following some surgery I’m really missing golf, autumnal days like this have always been my favourite.

Hopefully it won’t be much longer before I can swing a club again. ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Hopefully playing 18 tomorrow. Teeing off at 2:30 so should be just enough time to get round before its too dark. At 6:30 last night it was too dark to play.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Absolutely brilliant day up here today, not a cloud in the sky or a breath of wind so it probably won't get dark until 18:45! . Enjoy Ashludie, as long as you don't get stuck behind the old buffers you should be fine.
Forecast when I looked yesterday was for it to cloud over this afternoon at about the time we were due to tee off - luckily it's changed to clear skies and sunshine until it gets dark.

It is indeed a beautiful day. Following some surgery I’m really missing golf, autumnal days like this have always been my favourite.

Hopefully it won’t be much longer before I can swing a club again. ?
Didn't know you've been under the knife - hopefully back soon.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I’m off in an hour. A 3 ball playing a 3 handed match, a couple of pints after and a walk home.

It's not all pleasure, we are looking after 3 year old twins tonight, and they have suddenly decided that they don't like sleeping.
I'm replying to my own post:rolleyes:

The game was ok, I won on 16, £2 whoo, whoo.

However, playing 9 as we came past the clubhouse there was the biggest visiting party I've ever seen accumulated around the 1st tee. After the round we were talking to some members who had followed the party out and walked off after the third, an hour to play three holes, three holes! It's madness.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Managed 16 holes on the Ashludie - though we'd have done less if we hadn't skipped a couple off holes to get ahead of the three ball of a member and two visitors in their late 20s early 30s who we waited for a fair bit on the front nine - lovely afternoon/early evening though clouds did appear which meant it got chilly at times and hit some nice shots with nothing terrible - nice birdie at the 12th was the highlight.

IMG_6247.jpg
Approach to the 7th

IMG_6249-2.jpg
Approach from the right rough at the 10th

IMG_6250.jpg
Looking back down the 15th - got darkish pretty soon after this

Springveldt

Visit site
Out at 07:50 tomorrow. Forecast looks ok but might be a bit chilly with it expected to feel like 4 degrees. Time to get the thermal base layers out.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Kilspindie was lovely as always and it helped the weather was nigh on perfect.
Started like a train, level through 8 and then the wheels took a major wobble. Didn’t quite come off but dropped 5 shots in 4 holes that left its mark on me.
Highlight was my PP hitting the wooden barrier at the 8th that separates the free from the beach, bounced straight up and looked like it was going to land on the right side, then took a second awful bounce off the sleepers and out in to the wet ?.