Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just incredible. So many of us have known her since she started playing when she was 7 and her dad took on the juniors.

We all have our stories either playing with her (after she’d clinched it one of our assistants was boasting that he had beaten her in matchplay on the 18th…then admitted she was giving him 8 shots 🤣), or just seeing her on the range, short game area and putting green - endless hours cementing her process. And of course on the putting green until it went dark…putt after putt after putt - usually it seemed with just one ball - because you only get one go at the putt you need to win the tournament. And there you go. Her putting over 14-18 was just awesome. Birdie 18 at Augusta to win the tournament? Done.

And of course from a very personal place…her coach since she started (our head pro) has been my daughter's partner for a good few years now and so we know him very well. We are all doubly thrilled.

Last edited:

sjw

Visit site
Just incredible. So many of us have known her since she started playing when she was 7 and her dad took on the juniors.

We all have our stories either playing with her (after she’d clinched it one of our assistants was boasting that he had beaten her in matchplay on the 18th…then admitted she was giving him 8 shots 🤣), or just seeing her on the range, short game area and putting green - endless hours cementing her process. And of course on the putting green until it went dark…putt after putt after putt - usually it seemed with just one ball - because you only get one go at the putt you need to win the tournament. And there you go. Her putting over 14-18 was just awesome. Birdie 18 at Augusta to win the tournament? Done.

And of course from a very personal place…her coach since she started (our head pro) has been my daughter's partner for a good few years now and so we know him very well. We are all doubly thrilled.
Just seen the clubhouse on Sky Sports. Which one are you?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I tuned in to watch the last few holes at Augusta after I got back from playing on a muddy field this afternoon - I missed the 3-putt which could have knocked her back, but saw the brilliant up-and-down just after - the next 4 holes were just amazing! Even Mark Roe didn't put me off! :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just seen the clubhouse on Sky Sports. Which one are you?
Ooh - haven’t seen that…Sky weren’t in the clubhouse - though one of the bar staff did do a little vid as she holed the putt. Anyway…I’d be the Scottish one sitting beside the other Scottish one. If that helps…🤣

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And sat with their pet haggis on their lap 😄
Actually I’m on the LHS in blue beside the lad with glasses (he’s from Cardross).

Club was absolutely buzzing today…just great. And for folks such as me, as someone who cares about my club and what it means to be a member - way beyond it being just somewhere I can play golf - this is the sort of thing you might think might one day happen for one of the club’s ‘own’…but never really imagine that it will - though with Lottie we’ve suspected for some time. And so when it does…it’s just magic.

Plus of course there are quite a number of doubly happy members today as they had money on Lottie at 22-1 👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve got Lottie’s coach and my daughter popping round shortly to watch my recording of Saturday’s broadcast through from the off - will be interesting watching from his perspective - he being there as it all unfolded. And of course the doors in Augusta that Lottie’s win opened for them on Saturday and Sunday…and the players they met and spent time with…Watson and Willets he mentioned. Wow 😳.