Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bloody hell that’s awful. I’m not sure what the laws are in England but a house across from us puts stuff out now and then.
I don't think there are laws down here but people are strongly advised to not feed them as there have been injuries when the kites have dived for the scraps and the talons have ripped arms and shoulders...completely accidental by the kites, just eager to get the food.
At dusk we can easily get flocks of 30 or 40 in some wooded areas...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
54 hole team comp tomorrow/Friday to look forward to
pairs scramble match in the morning followed by foursomes match then individual matchplay on day two to decide the event. Weather forecast not too bad either

Should be fun

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Unless its different in England but in Scotland you have to have a license to feed them. quite a lot of cases of Poisoning esp up here in the last few years. some numpty almost wiped out the whole released population a few years ago. always makes me sad these birds dont really hunt are more scavengers than anything
It’s odd you say that, I was playing with a guy last week at our place. He is from darn south, anyway he said “ they are now classed as pests in some areas of England”. I asked why. He said “folk are feeding them out of their hands and they are now brave enough to snatch food out of kids hands”. I was gobsmacked.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It’s odd you say that, I was playing with a guy last week at our place. He is from darn south, anyway he said “ they are now classed as pests in some areas of England”. I asked why. He said “folk are feeding them out of their hands and they are now brave enough to snatch food out of kids hands”. I was gobsmacked.
Id be very surprised if they were classed as pests. these were captative released and are still protected birds as are all birds of Prey.

Last edited:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being nominated for Tournament venue of the the year in England Golf Awards 2024, will need to brush the DJ off ;). Also a member being nominated for Women & Girls Trailblazer. Also congrats to Royal Ascot

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We are in year 2 of a 4 year bunker improvement programme. Last year were holes 2, 3, 7, 8 and we are just completing 1, 9, 10 and 18 and the practice bunker. The work to date has been amazing and we are getting so much closer to unified sand and levels of sand. Our head greenkeeper and his team of 4 are doing a great job in maintaining these as with the course in general.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Finished the season totally scunnered with golf. Decided to take a break and have been questioning quitting, if not altogether then certainly competitive golf.

Haven’t even swung a club in weeks - easily my longest break from the game since starting to play seriously.

I expected to miss it and get back playing pretty quickly but it hasn’t happened.

Anyway, just caught myself making a few practice swings while waiting for the kettle to boil…. First sign of life for a while - might get my mojo back after all!
You know it makes sense...;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Finished the season totally scunnered with golf. Decided to take a break and have been questioning quitting, if not altogether then certainly competitive golf.

Haven’t even swung a club in weeks - easily my longest break from the game since starting to play seriously.

I expected to miss it and get back playing pretty quickly but it hasn’t happened.

Anyway, just caught myself making a few practice swings while waiting for the kettle to boil…. First sign of life for a while - might get my mojo back after all!
same here, ive gone from playing at least 4 times a week to lucky if i play 4 times a month. work related drop in golf. i thought id miss it but not at all.

simsini

Visit site
Finding out the in laws aren't coming over until the afternoon on Boxing Day. when the weather forecast is 14 degrees and dry in the morning.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
(Courtesy of Garyinderry)

No swaying on the way back. No overswing here. Head steady over ball. Full shoulder turn. Good extension at the top of the swing.

7-iron top position.jpg

Fully balanced at impact. Head centred over ball. No lunging at the ball. Acceleration of clubhead excellent. Just look at that blurring!

7-iron impact.jpg

Weight on left side. No overbalancing. Free-flowing follow through. Excellent natural swing. Certainly gladdens every golfer's heart, I'm sure.

7-iron finish.jpg

Last edited: