Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of our big board competitions was played yesterday.....in case you hadn't heard Fragger won it last year :rolleyes:
One of our low handicappers, he's off -1, had a bit of a blinder....
Apart from eagling the par 4 7th - 400 yards uphill into the wind - he also had 8 birdies and threw in a couple of bogeys to keep it interesting....a total of 5 2s...
Gross 63 which equals the course record....
I can only imagine what that must feel like...

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of our big board competitions was played yesterday.....in case you hadn't heard Fragger won it last year :rolleyes:
One of our low handicappers, he's off -1, had a bit of a blinder....
Apart from eagling the par 4 7th - 400 yards uphill into the wind - he also had 8 birdies and threw in a couple of bogeys to keep it interesting....a total of 5 2s...
Gross 63 which equals the course record....
I can only imagine what that must feel like...
Obviously must be a bit of a bandit :eek: Low h/cappers never win anything now days under WHS - apparently!

Sounds like a great round though (y)

D

Deleted member 15344

Getting the shorts out , washed and ironed

Time to get all the summer shoes out as well

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got golf booked in for three of the four days this long weekend! Not had any trouble swinging it past the wife as she wants to get back out so she's playing in two of them! (y)

cunnini

Visit site
just come back from lesson - played terribly on Sunday, hitting ball all over the place, though i knew sunday evening what it was, and (already scheduled in) lesson today confirmed and fixed quite easily. Feeling positive again about golf (which i know will get shattered again in Saturdays medal, but hey ho)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A guy in our 22 man fuddle has just started playing again. Injuries and illness stopped him playing for 6 months. He is 70ish. Plays off 3. Won the front nine for £22, overall for £22. Two par three nearest the pin for another £22. And one of his nearest the pins was a hole in one. Whilst sat at the 19th he never stopped smiling. Chuffed to bits for him.

Newtonuti

Visit site
A guy in our 22 man fuddle has just started playing again. Injuries and illness stopped him playing for 6 months. He is 70ish. Plays off 3. Won the front nine for £22, overall for £22. Two par three nearest the pin for another £22. And one of his nearest the pins was a hole in one. Whilst sat at the 19th he never stopped smiling. Chuffed to bits for him.

Not a bad days work!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bloody high handicap bandits just playing to clean up all the money 🤣😂🤣😂🙂

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After a few years of going to my mate for lessons and sort of stagnating decided to give the Pro at Nairn a go. He's much more technical, uses trackman and video , where as my old Pro itsxall by eye. The hour we spent yesterday, probably gained more than 2 years from the previous. Worked on hip turn, lengthening my swing slightly. Been given a few exercises to do and movements to work on. A great success played today and though I did top and thin a couple off the tee, it was so much better especially the irons and I would say gained a little bit of distance.
Actually looking forward to hitting some balls for a change. Really looking forward you first game of the season at Royal Dornoch tomorrow.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a lovely evening too, I tried posting this yesterday but my picture was too big the forum. I'm trying again now to see if the forum update has improved the process.

Nope :-(
One tip I've used - if you're on your phone - open the photo in your gallery and then take a screenshot. The screenshot typical has a much smaller file size than the original photo.