Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done Charlotte Heath, Caley McGinty and Lottie Woad for making the cut in the Augusta National Women’s Open, playing practice round today at Augusta National itself (qualification was elsewhere) and final round there on Saturday. And good for Lottie, birdieing the last to make the cut.

One to watch in the ranks of the women’s game is Rose Zhang…currently well ahead of the amateur pack in the States on all counts.

And it’s televised live on Sky on Saturday

https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/index.html

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Today I find that I have qualified to play in a ‘new this year’ scratch ko cup competition. Limited field of 16 comprising from previous year…Club Champion plus Runner-up; gross winners of two main board one-day comps; plus gross winners of Sat and Sun April-Sept medals. And as I had a rather fluky best gross in the April medal (of those not already qualified) I’m in.👍

Perhaps this has been inaugurated recognising that the ‘best’ and lowest h/cap golfers (of which I am not one) are struggling to win individual handicap comps under WHS and so not bothering entering…just my conjecturing.

And for my pleasure, in the 1st Rnd I am drawn against the club champion…though he is ‘only’ a +1 H/capper 😊. I love a challenge.

Last edited:

evemccc

Visit site
Today I find that I have qualified to play in a ‘new this year’ scratch ko cup competition. Limited field of 16 comprising from previous year…Club Champion plus Runner-up; gross winners of two main board one-day comps; plus gross winners of Sat and Sun April-Sept medals. And as I had a rather fluky best gross in the April medal (of those not already qualified) I’m in.👍

Perhaps this has been inaugurated recognising that the ‘best’ and lowest h/cap golfers (of which I am not one) are struggling to win individual handicap comps under WHS and so not bothering entering…just my conjecturing.

And for my pleasure, in the 1st Rnd I am drawn against the club champion…though he is ‘only’ a +1 H/capper 😊. I love a challenge.

Congrats! Enjoy the challenge and opportunity to play an excellent golfer at close quarters

I’m also in the K/O matchplay scratch comp — though anyone can enter it — it’s drawn, but I want to draw the universally acknowledged best golfer at the club…+ h/cap and he’s one of the only golfers who play in comps who I’ve not yet played with

I’m clearly not going to win / beat him if I do get him, but it’ll be a good experience for sure playing him….and certainly will be better than being beaten by another (genuine) mid-handicapper who’s having a good day with the putter

Last edited:

yandabrown

Visit site
Well done Charlotte Heath and Lottie Woad for making the cut in the Augusta National Women’s Open, playing practice round today at Augusta National itself (qualification was elsewhere) and final round there on Saturday. And good for Lottie, birdieing the last to make the cut.

One to watch in the ranks of the women’s game is Rose Zhang…currently well ahead of the amateur pack in the States on all counts.

And it’s televised live on Saturday…

https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/index.html
I happened to see a few minutes of it yesterday when Lottie Woad appeared and I realised that was who you have mentioned a few times :)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'm just really looking forward to the team scramble tomorrow morning with the boys!

Great way to kick off the season proper!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm just really looking forward to the team scramble tomorrow morning with the boys!

Great way to kick off the season proper!
If the course isn't closed. Ours is closed today, but I'm playing Sunday rather than Saturday so have my fingers crossed.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If the course isn't closed. Ours is closed today, but I'm playing Sunday rather than Saturday so have my fingers crossed.

We've closed for one day due to rain in my entire membership of 3 years.

A couple days for snow too..

We shall be open, a mud bath but open :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I mean its filth on a good day :ROFLMAO: If I remember ill try and take some pics while I'm out there :ROFLMAO:

Coincidentally we have a scramble tomorrow too. 'Beat the Pros' format
(basically the 4 pros go out off scratch to set the score to beat then every AM 4-ball has to beat the Pro's 'gross' score, should be fun)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Coincidentally we have a scramble tomorrow too. 'Beat the Pros' format
(basically the 4 pros go out off scratch to set the score to beat then every AM 4-ball has to beat the Pro's 'gross' score, should be fun)

I like that! Gives another element to the game and something fun! Great idea!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I happened to see a few minutes of it yesterday when Lottie Woad appeared and I realised that was who you have mentioned a few times :)
From todays Augusta final round tee times it looks like Lottie may well be in a final three ball with the two leaders (1:50pm), one of which is Rose Zheng the clear #1 in the World Amateur Rankings. Lottie may well find herself being on TV a lot this afternoon - wishing her all the good luck in the world 👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
From todays Augusta final round tee times it looks like Lottie may well be in a final three ball with the two leaders (1:50pm), one of which is Rose Zheng the clear #1 in the World Amateur Rankings. Lottie may well find herself being on TV a lot this afternoon - wishing her all the good luck in the world 👍
Error…Lottie W is off 10th by herself

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Not sure if you saw this NLU documentary on the Stanford womens program last year, fair bit on Zhang in it, worth a watch