Golf Sunglasses

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I suffer from bad hayfever which can at time affect my eyes quite badly

I have been looking at various sunglasses and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

I would be using them for everyday things like driving but would also be looking to use them on the course.

I have seen prices vary from £99 for the Oakley Flak 2.0 to £20 for Sunrise glasses.

Is it worth paying extra?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes. After years of buying cheapish sunglasses i bought some Oakley half jacket 2.0 from Clubhouse golf. Best thing I've done. Easy to wear, you barely notice them, but the lens quality is a different level. So good the weather can go from sunny to cloudy and you don't realise. The lenses seem to clean the light.

Spend the extra, it is worth it imo.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a few pairs of oakleys, great job for everyday and for golf. Last pair I got from clubhouse golf that were meant to be more golf focused so worth a look.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just wear Ray-Ban Wayfarers. I like them because the lens are flat, so it doesn't distort the ground like curved ones do.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have had a look at the Half Jacket and the Flak Jacket which both look good.

Was it the XL model you bought? Is there a big difference in lense size from the standard to the XL?

D

Deleted member 16999

Have a look at the new Henrik Stenson range.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine were the 2.0 XL half jacket. I don't know about lens sizes but the Oakley site is pretty good and they should advise if they take the same ones.

Incidentally, one of the bonus of these glasses, same as the ones you are looking at, is that the lenses are easily interchangeable. Mine came with golf specific lenses which are a little light for a Mediterranean summer holiday for example, i.e. really bright light, shining off the sea etc. I bought a darker set of lenses which I fit in for holidays and remove when I come back. Easy to do, Oakley will have a video showing you how to do it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have hay fever but have struggled to wear sunglasses for golf as they tend to flatten everything and its hard to see the lines on greens so I am constantly taking them on and off.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not at the moment mate. I've had a nibble from off the forum so just waiting for him to pay. If it falls through I will let you know

Ok brilliant just get in touch if they become available. Tried to send you a pm but couldn’t find where you could do that now.

Cheers

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Is it worth paying extra?

Yes - and No!

I got some Oakleys rerlatively cheaply from a mate (on another forum) that are my 'favourite' sunnies!

But my 2 for 7.99 Woodworm (plus postage) ones are definitly my 'go to' ones!

Having umpired at Wimbledon (qualifying) I'm a fan, and owner of quite a few sets of (really good value) 'bronze', Wimbledon sunnies, though the metal frames can get quite hot in serious sunshine! Not ideal for hot days or leaving in a car unless air-con has been on!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oakley sunglasses are brilliant, got 3 pairs, but I bought I pair of Sundog glasses only down side is that you by from the US and if you are unlucky you get to pay the import duty, but they are great glasses.

IF you click back they have a whole selection of other glasses designed for golf.