Golf Shoes

davies

Visit site
Hello guys,

I am trying to get back into the game again. I did play as a youngster but find that all the brands and types of golf shoes have now gone well over my head.

I found this site with them all on www.golfshoes.org.uk How much should I look to spend? What type of golf shoes would you suggest looking at in my position? I obviously dont need the best but would like some that will last me as I improve with time.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
DryJoys seem to be cheap everywhere I look at the moment. Also if you can pick up a pair of Adidas Tour 360 3.0 (the 4.0 is the current yet almost identical model) you won't go too far wrong with those.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
firstly, please don't buy shoes off the 'net.
secondly, just buy some footjoys....as expensive as suits your pocket. I have the cheap greenjoys and have 0% complaint with them. 100+ rounds for £35 and still going strong.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I got mine for half price (£60) a few months ago but you may struggle to find them now.

Just ebayed them, going for around £60-70 quid as places look to shift stock. I swear by mine. They felt a bit tight at first but they moulded very well to my feet after a couple of rounds and not so much as a drop has got into my feet even in a couple of particulary soggy rounds.

I've seen the DryJoys for £30 in my local course though, so they could be an idea.

davies

Visit site
secondly, just buy some footjoys....as expensive as suits your pocket. I have the cheap greenjoys and have 0% complaint with them. 100+ rounds for £35 and still going strong.

I have been told good things about footjoys from family members. I am happy to buy cheaper shoes if they will last and do the job. Thanks for the tips!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep, you'll always be hard pressed to find too many bad words about Footjoys, they don't have the reputation for nothing.

davies

Visit site
I last played golf in my teens. Back then golf shoes were just golf shoes for me. Now there are hundreds and hundreds to pick from. I have some good ideas of what to go for now though. Thanks all.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Why not???
I have 3 pairs of Footjoy AQL's.
First pair I bought in a hurry from my pro shop as I was playing that morning and couldn't find my old ones.
Cost me £64.99.
Next two pairs I bought "off the 'net", one pair cost me £35.00 the others (new 2010 design) were £45.00.
All three pairs fit superbly (they are FJ's after all).
I would have thought that a 40% saving was a very good incentive to "buy off the 'net"
Footjoy AQL's are one of the best value for money shoes on the market in my opinion and are available in a huge range of styles and colours. They are totally waterproof, comfortable and very well made.
;)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes, but your first AQL's weren't off the net so you knew your fit, and one thing I've found with FJ is that their sizing is pretty consistent within a range.

not quite as true across ranges though.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a number of cheaper brand golf shoes and found they fell apart or leaked after a relatively short while. I then stumped up for a pair of Dryjoys and have never looked back. Several years later, minimal care and still going strong.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are just getting back into the game I can recommend these Nike heritage shoes, they are relatively cheap and good quality. I got mine to use as a one season winter shoe but I am so impressed I bought another pair for the summer and so far they have been great.

images.jpg

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
yes, but your first AQL's weren't off the net so you knew your fit

I knew I was a size 9 Steve and that's all I knew.
As I say, all three pairs fit superbly.
I have bought size 9 Nike and Adidas shoes off the 'net before and ended up throwing the Adidas away and selling the Nike's to a mate of mine.
I would order any pair of FJ's in size 9 and know that they were going to fit me great
;)

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had 2 pairs of Footjoys, both lasted less than a week before coming apart, splitting and leaking. Adidas all the way for me. By far the best Golf shoes on the market. Just got a pair of the new 360 LTD and they are awesome.

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had 2 pairs of Footjoys, both lasted less than a week before coming apart, splitting and leaking. Adidas all the way for me. By far the best Golf shoes on the market. Just got a pair of the new 360 LTD and they are awesome.

Same for me.

Tour 360 LTD are superb.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You guys must have werewolf feet or something. Had about 20 pairs of FJs over the years, and would buy another pair tomorrow. But I have 7 pars on the go already. AQLs or Dryjoys. I wouldn't bother with anything else.