Golf shoes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20% of a pair of rubber Dunlops that are a rip off at a fiver.

Contrary to popular belief SD sell at lot more gear than Dunlop - eg Echo, Skechers, Nike

and through personal experience not all Dunlop stuff is bottom of the range, eg I am currently playing Dunlop DP1 V3 golf balls.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Contrary to popular belief SD sell at lot more gear than Dunlop - eg Echo, Skechers, Nike

and through personal experience not all Dunlop stuff is bottom of the range, eg I am currently playing Dunlop DP1 V3 golf balls.

Ah The DP1 V3, Dunlops equivalent to The Titleist Pro V eh
I've got some of these and got a few laughs when I quoted " This is no ordinary ball, it is a Dunlop Pro V"
These seem ok but the majority of stuff sold by Fat Ashley is CRAP ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah The DP1 V3, Dunlops equivalent to The Titleist Pro V eh
I've got some of these and got a few laughs when I quoted " This is no ordinary ball, it is a Dunlop Pro V"
These seem ok but the majority of stuff sold by Fat Ashley is CRAP ?

Just some of the deals I have had
My Stuburt shoes bought there cost me £25 in a clearance sale
My TaylorMade M1 hybrid bought there cost me £70 in a clearance sale
My RM designs forged wedge (as used by John Daly) cost me £5 on clearance

Every single pair of my walking shoes or boots are Karrimor bought there at around 30% less than other retailers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He doesn't need to hide them. The Saint of Golf (aka Mrs Homer) cleans the damn things for him, so she already knows exactly how many pair he has.
Nope. She's fully aware of my incoming purchases and my hoard. She has more issues with the huge numbers of golf balls in carrier bags cluttering up the place, mostly Pro V's and other premium balls. I gave away masses and still got so many although I am randomly scattering a few around the course at the moment

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In desperate need of a new pair but unfortunately having feet the size of canoes means I'm a bitlimited to choice which also makes some of the prices pretty eye watering. Feel a bit dirty doing it but sp**ts di**ct had a pair of slazengers reduced to £18. To be honest at that price I don't care if they only last a few weeks...

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
She has more issues with the huge numbers of golf balls in carrier bags cluttering up the place, mostly Pro V's and other premium balls. I gave away masses and still got so many although I am randomly scattering a few around the course at the moment

So why did you feel the need to 'borrow' a few buckets full from the driving range???

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In desperate need of a new pair but unfortunately having feet the size of canoes means I'm a bitlimited to choice which also makes some of the prices pretty eye watering. Feel a bit dirty doing it but sp**ts di**ct had a pair of slazengers reduced to £18. To be honest at that price I don't care if they only last a few weeks...

A few weeks.....you'll be lucky

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wore the Dryjoys on the course today. Lovely and comfy, even after just a few balls on the practice ground to wear them in. I have always been very lucky with FJ and they have always fitted well from the box and never caused too many issues box to course. They did get awfully dusty but a baby wipe and quick wipe and much better

sunshine

Visit site
Wore the Dryjoys on the course today. Lovely and comfy, even after just a few balls on the practice ground to wear them in. I have always been very lucky with FJ and they have always fitted well from the box and never caused too many issues box to course. They did get awfully dusty but a baby wipe and quick wipe and much better

I know dryjoys are very popular, but when I've tried them on I've found them to be incredibly heavy and not particularly comfortable.

Golf shoes are a funny product. If you started with a blank slate and a design brief to develop a pair of shoes for a 4 hour walk around a park in all weather, you wouldn't come up with anything that looked like dryjoys, icons or many other shoes in the market.