Golf Shoes, Boa system?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Not yet opted for shoes with the BOA system, usually opt for traditional laces.

How do people find them, are they better or can they be a nuisance?

Looking at the FJ Tour S and there is £20 difference between BOA or lace up. No pro shops have these in stock for me to check, so it’s a matter of ordering blind online.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had boa a few years now. Love the fit and ease of them (not that tying laces is particularly hard work) would never go back now

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
as above...would always prefer Boa over traditional now. Keeps the foot stable, and, unlike lace, doesn't loosen up half way through a round of golf.

The Boa stuff has a lifetime warranty on too...so if the cable snaps, they replace it

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
another one for BOA

I have very wide feet and find with traditional laces it is difficult to get a consistent tightness across the instep. The BOA is perfect for that, the other advantage is they don't loosen over a round and need re-tying like laces.
I will only buy BOA now

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have Boa in my adidas and the disc system in some Puma. Love them both and would certainly continue paying the extra for these systems.
I put them on just before practise before a round and adjust incrementally before reaching the first tee. After that I've never needed to adjust during a round.
Love the all over the foot grip you get from Boa, they just feel great across the whole foot for me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have changed all my studded shoes for boa systems

They are much better for me as I have insoles for my planta facistis so holds it in place brilliantly

Also it’s quicker to get on and off which is always good

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just got my first pair of Adidas Boas and they are awesome. Not sure I’ll buy a pair without going forward

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Found under armour and nike to have the best systems out the ones I got

My pumas are ok but the other 2 you pull them up and it releases the shoe

The puma you twist the other way a bit so don’t feel that they couldn’t just come undone accidentally

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have changed all my studded shoes for boa systems

They are much better for me as I have insoles for my planta facistis so holds it in place brilliantly

Also it’s quicker to get on and off which is always good

Have to agree, I switched to these on the forum's advice and haven't had issues with my heels on the course since.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am sure that BOA are OK if you have the strength to tighten them up. I bought some Dryjoys and thought they would be OK for me as I can't bend down to tie shoes up well, However I couldn't tighten them either and had to get friends to do this for me. It was a relief when they started letting water in after a year and I could chuck them in the bin.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
as above...would always prefer Boa over traditional now. Keeps the foot stable, and, unlike lace, doesn't loosen up half way through a round of golf.

The Boa stuff has a lifetime warranty on too...so if the cable snaps, they replace it

Is that just Footjoy? I have two pairs of Adidas Tour 360 with the boa and one of the wires has snapped on one of the shoes, which are suprisingly still wearable and waterproof after 3 winters.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got Puma Titan tours with a boa system (called something else but it's the same thing) love them and so much easier than laces.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that just Footjoy? I have two pairs of Adidas Tour 360 with the boa and one of the wires has snapped on one of the shoes, which are suprisingly still wearable and waterproof after 3 winters.

Don’t believe so...I think it covers all Boa systems.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's amazing how bad some of you must be at tying laces. I manage to tie mine without them ever coming loose half way through the round. :LOL: