Golf Shoe Fitting

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Remember the days when your mam took you, dragged you, to the Clarks shop to get you feet measured for those really un trendy black clod hoppers that everyone took the pee out of.

Well is there such a thing for getting your feet measured for golf shoes?

I'd love to get my feet measured so that I knew what size shoe to buy. Some are going to say just go to AG or where ever and try a few pairs on till you get a pair that is comfortable, yes I could, but AG don't do wide fit shoes or half sizes, they can order them for you, but do not hold them in stock.

I found a guide on measuring you feet but it's a miracle I'm not walking in circles as after following the guide, I have one foot 3 size smaller than the other.

I'm just after somewhere I can get my feet measured and buy a good fitting pair of golf shoes, any ideas?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I asked a similar question when some forumers got fitted with FJ and one got a better fit from smaller shoes with a wider fitting. The article in this months magazine reminded me of it. Not sure anyone had an answer. I know you can try pairs on but few shops have all the sizes and width fittings to try

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was in this months magazine with 3 others being fitted for 2 pairs of footjoys and I can honestly say you get a lot more comfort and stabillirpty wearing he correct size shoes. I personally was a size smaller than iv been using and they last a bit longer as there is no slack material that could start to go baggy.

Hope that made sense ;)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
my local AG will measure feet and order in shoes as required; however even this is limited with most manufacturers to a combination of W and L.

my understanding of the US Myjoy programme is that you can select from about 16 different lasts (or more!) and effectively get the hand made, custom fit, shoe your feet deserve!

unfortunately UK sales are hugely price based, so such services aren't considered economic (and the volumes aren't their either)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless you can find somewhere that stocks every size then it will be hard. My pro has a good range of foot joy and has the measuring kit, but with different styles now it is not very reliable. The measures said I wanted an 12M so tried on the dry joys tour and they fitted nicely, tried on the FJ Sport and they did not fit very well due to them being more narrow than the dry joys.

so unless you can actually try the shoe on then you can get measured all you like, it does not necessarily mean they will fit when you get them.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless you can find somewhere that stocks every size then it will be hard. My pro has a good range of foot joy and has the measuring kit, but with different styles now it is not very reliable. The measures said I wanted an 12M so tried on the dry joys tour and they fitted nicely, tried on the FJ Sport and they did not fit very well due to them being more narrow than the dry joys.

so unless you can actually try the shoe on then you can get measured all you like, it does not necessarily mean they will fit when you get them.

I know with the Foot Joys, they use different lastes for the individual models of shoe, some of the lastes have a fuller fit and some are designed to be more narrow, so the XPS model or Footjoy could well be made on a different laste to that of the Contour model.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only place I have seen where you can buy different sizes for each foot is the mi adidas website for the adiZero's. Doesn't get around the initial measuring issue though

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why not get some made for you if you have non standard sized feet? Mate of mine had some made a few years back, cost him nigh on £250 IIRC, but he could not buy a pair in a shop for love nor money that fitted..

A quick google brings up the below (i have no affiliation or feedback of site)

http://www.bigshoesuk.com/golf_shoes.php