Golf recommendations Bridlington area?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A friend is looking to organise a little trip away, just down the coast, Bridlington area.

Any recommendations for where to play?
Local knowledge....
Top 3 or 4 courses would be great

Thanks in advance

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Only one I've played in that area is Scarborough South Cliff and I loved it.
Hornsea is apparently one of the best clubs in Yorkshire.
Ganton if you don't mind stumping up a big green fee.

I believe you can get a golf passport for the Brid area, might be worth looking at that - it covers a few courses - all of which are good.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Scarborough North Cliff, South Cliff and Filey are all lovely. Bridlington Belvedere is ok as well. None of them are links courses if that’s what you are after.

For something more quirky (and linksy), Flamborough Head is worth a visit. It sticks out 5 miles into the North Sea and has its own micro climate.

Ganton is different class to the above, but so is the price.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The golf Coast passport looks great value

Played Ganton, luckily as a guest of a forum member.
Beautiful, but defenitely not on the list for this trip.

Thanks for all the comments so far👍

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I've attended Bridlington Golf Week a few times and we play Flamborough Head, Bridlington Links and Bridlington GC (Belvedere). They are all pleasant enough but Flamborough is the stand out one for me. Great views and a has always been in good condition when we've been.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hessle is a decent course that is always in excellent condition.
Hornsea I personally thought was a bit meh! considering the reputation.
Bridlington Links is really struggling to recover from the wet winter.
Flamborough and South Cliff should be on your must play list.
Belvedere is ok too, though spoilt a little by the changes owing to having sold some land off.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
South Cliff is probably the friendliest. The lads in the shop will always do you a decent deal on the green fee if you phone up beforehand.

My late MIL had a flat which overlooked the 18th green at North Cliff. Used to enjoy spending a bit of time watching groups come down.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
South Cliff is probably the friendliest. The lads in the shop will always do you a decent deal on the green fee if you phone up beforehand.

100%

I rocked up knowing they had slots on Golfnow. They matched that rate (£20), and they dont charge for juniors, so me and jamie had a full day out with petrol costs and a McDonalds on the way home for about £50

Gonna do it by train in the six week holidays, we’re only a 5 minute walk from a Trans Pennine station. I’ll be able to enjoy a few beers in the clubhouse afterwards then 👍