Golf Random Irritations

Tinkerman

Visit site
Had a fitting at the weekend.
1. Being told at the end of the session that he can't send me all the numbers as foresight can't handle the amount of fitting data being submitted by fitters at the moment. Told me as he was deleting the data so I couldn't even take a photo.

2. Having a 90 minute session booked where you're sure beforehand that you'll get at least one new club and walking out with none as nothing performs significantly better. I suppose this is a positive about the fitter but I was looking forward to a new club!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Had a fitting at the weekend.
1. Being told at the end of the session that he can't send me all the numbers as foresight can't handle the amount of fitting data being submitted by fitters at the moment. Told me as he was deleting the data so I couldn't even take a photo.

2. Having a 90 minute session booked where you're sure beforehand that you'll get at least one new club and walking out with none as nothing performs significantly better. I suppose this is a positive about the fitter but I was looking forward to a new club!
Did you have to pay for the fitting? Having deleted all the data, what would happen if you wanted another one, paid for again or freebie?

This is why I fit myself..........I always get a new club. Usually to the detriment of my game, and far too frequently for my wallet. Still shiny new club in the bag;)

Tinkerman

Visit site
Did you have to pay for the fitting? Having deleted all the data, what would happen if you wanted another one, paid for again or freebie?

This is why I fit myself..........I always get a new club. Usually to the detriment of my game, and far too frequently for my wallet. Still shiny new club in the bag;)
It was £60 for a 90 minute session, which I didn't mind as we went through pretty much the whole bag. He said not to bother again for 2 years until the tech has moved on again so we'd start again when that happens. I do like to review the numbers in my time post fitting and that's what annoyed me. I feel it was BS that they couldn't provide me with them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was £60 for a 90 minute session, which I didn't mind as we went through pretty much the whole bag. He said not to bother again for 2 years until the tech has moved on again so we'd start again when that happens. I do like to review the numbers in my time post fitting and that's what annoyed me. I feel it was BS that they couldn't provide me with them.
It's probably a policy so you don't use those numbers to go and buy clubs cheaper or second hand elsewhere.

NearHull

Visit site
It's probably a policy so you don't use those numbers to go and buy clubs cheaper or second hand elsewhere.
Three or four years ago, I had a fitting with Ping at Gainsborough. They made all the fitting data and club specs available to me to shop around. The pro shop at Gainsborough ( a separate organisation to Ping) gave me a good quote. I took it back to my Pro, who accessed my ‘Ping Account’ and provided a very acceptable quote. I do like to buy from the Club Pro, if we all went other sources for our equipment, he wouldn’t be in business with us.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Our place is the same, if you don’t watch it like a hawk and get a great line on it you have no hope. Even when you do it’s dicey! So if you’ve not seen it, forget about it, and it can’t have been a good shot if neither of you saw it. In fact it was probably awful ? So yeah not sure what his problem is ?? Especially when all you needed was a half from the next two holes! He left himself too much to do, really no call for him being off colour at the end imo.

No, I don't think he's being off. More that he had fought his way back, had a chance again, and then lost it to a ball he couldn't even see where it went.
Enough to cheese anybody off?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday:

1) That I didn’t ask one of my three playing companions to walk to top of rise on 1st to spot my 2nd shot if it went off line. I didn’t; it went a bit off line; it went into the deep and none of us knew where to look; I lost it.

2) That I didn’t change to a yellow ball on the 4th given that I knew that a slightly off line tee shot could end up in the middle of an area covered in white poplar seed. I didn’t; it went off line; it went into the area of poplar seeds; I lost it.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Managed 20 mins at range before I melted and retreated to the comfort of my air conditioned car today.

Got midday tee times tomorrow and Sunday.

Pray for clouds and wind.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wayne Riley and his continual hyperbole around Jordan Speith's putting. Ok, he's putting well now, we get it but lets not forget he was almost in obscurity not so long ago and couldn't putt worth a fornication.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Iron play gradually deteriorating after initial honeymoon period with new irons…so quick half hour lesson at 2:30pm - just to establish some basic principles I must adhere to as my own thinking on the matter is garbled and has no basis in teaching.