Golf Random Irritations

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Can't find one of these (if we've even had one before) and I think it might be useful since golf irritations might get overlooked in the general OOB thread

I'll start with mine from the weekend...

Commentators (rightly) lauding up players when they land the ball several yards past the pin and backspin it to around pin high, then with the next breath/shot saying a player was “unlucky with the backspin there” when the ball lands pin high and spins back several yards. No the backspin wasn’t unlucky, the shot landed too short!

Pat Perez, can’t remember why but he just irritates me (come to think of it Charley Hoffman irritates me too)

4-putting because you were complacent with your tap-in 2nd putt and sent it screaming back down the hill! :cry:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Pat Perez, can’t remember why but he just irritates me (come to think of it Charley Hoffman irritates me too)

Perez really grates on me too, just can't warm to the man. The only redeeming feature he has, is that he is sponsored by William Murray Golf. There is a lot of kudos in that, IMHO.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our 11th, par 3, has a ever-narrowing gap to tee off through since they won't cut back the trees that are growing over. My shot on Saturday was a decent strike that would've landed just right edge of the green, but it clips the flipping branch that's hanging over and goes nowhere. Made double bogey. It's pot luck if you hit it or not.

Also the fact that the results still haven't been published so I don't know if I've won or not.

Wolf

Visit site
Mark Roe.. OK its not random but it's irritating.

Our 12th hole as the OOB is a magnet to my tee shots.

People that stand in the green watching others putt then when it's their turn only just realise they want to mark, clean and replace there ball with their ball with the lines they've drawn on it and only then start their putting routine 🙄. All of which can be pretty much done whilst others play

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Long par 3's

Matt Kuchar's gormless smile

Pomposity relating to tradition in golf clubs

"The (fill in space) are the most knowledgable fans in golf". They say it so often, they can't all be. (one commentator said it this weekend at Lahinch within seconds of a caddy berating someone for taking a picture during a down swing)

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Marking ball on the green, picking it up and carefully placing it lined up on your intended line. Only for it to roll when you let it go - slightly. No longer lined up :mad: Rinse and repeat.

D

Deleted member 15344

You been dropped Phil? surely not?
It appears so - found out by another team member yesterday that we have our big game this weekend against Aspley Guise - I have played 4 won 4 so far and the team is unbeaten, he hasn’t even asked me. Have text him to find out when the next match is - response 22nd September 🛎 end