Golf Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
being in the winning team in our better ball and team scores in the MWF roll ups in almost evry game but we are still only playing for a virt pot

Golfnut1957

Visit site
‘Good Shot’ irritates me, when it’s clearly distinctly average. Some fellas say it on everything that goes in a forward direction
I have conditioned myself to watch the other guys ball until it lands and then comment appropriately. My constant golfing companion does the exact opposite, he calls "good shot" the second someones ball leaves the club face, he is even more enthusiastic about this process if we are playing with someone we don't know.
As in two weeks ago he called good shot on three consecutive tee shots all of which were terrible. Me I find it hilarious, and he can't be shamed, so he just smiles back while I'm laughing at him. The poor fella we are playing with doesn't know what to think.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That's a terrible example from your club captain did you have a word with him afterwards?

It was mentioned and to be fair he was apologetic and admitted they had got it wrong. He's been getting pelters on the roll up group Whatsapp as well so think the message has got through. Although no defence, given the heat, no-one was in that much of a hurry so not the end of the world

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That when I played with a 26 handicapper two evening ago - and with me off 8, he played better golf than me; played better shots than me; and scored better than me. And I am not moaning at him - no bandit he (he's improving) - just reflecting on my own ineptitude...

But as he said to me 'Today I can play like a 12 handicapper - including my best ever front 9 - and you can play like a 26 handicapper...but tomorrow I'll play like a 26 handicapper and you will be back playing to 8, and no matter what - at the moment I can't play to 8' Which was a decent thing to say to a very downcast me.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting fed up of the tee time bookings ... wife’s clients can’t make decisions and I miss a slot ..appreciate that soundS selfish but I have limited opportunities normally I would just say Saturday or Sunday roll up and go to one, or play a round in the evening during the week. But everyone is desperate for course time.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a proper first world problem but........we are having a seniors comp on our course next Thursday and Friday. We have been given limited course courtesies at some other courses in the county which is great. The downside is I am missing two days of work the following week for golf and I can't justify another day, even though it is free golf at some nice places. Had they let us know earlier I could have factored it in and managed it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This is a proper first world problem but........we are having a seniors comp on our course next Thursday and Friday. We have been given limited course courtesies at some other courses in the county which is great. The downside is I am missing two days of work the following week for golf and I can't justify another day, even though it is free golf at some nice places. Had they let us know earlier I could have factored it in and managed it.

Golf Random Irritations are never ever going to be anything other than that - I would excuse you of feeling you have to make that 'apology' :)

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site

Pull a sickie. Sorted.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rushed up to the club to work on the short game. Light drizzle when I arrived so wandered into the bar to see the Seniors Club Champ trophy awarded as the second round was yesterday. Rain finished as the presentation ended so out to the putting green. Fifteen minutes and hosed down from nowhere. Drenched as I collected my gear and ran back in. Waste of an afternoon

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Since Sky Sports jumped into bed with the golf channel for leaderboards, we now have tee times for tournaments in the UK listed in what I assume is US Eastern Time ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not being able to put a score together for weeks despite hitting it well from tee to green, then playing badley and putting my way to a score... what a silly game this is:cry::LOL:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Rob Lee whining on Sky Sports about being picked up for the wrong colour socks at a golf club.

"I won't name the club." Damn right you won't, you're in the wrong for breaching the dress code, whether you agree with it of not. It's their course; live with it, join it & get the rule changed or go somewhere that accommodates your choice of sock colour. But don't try and shame them for your dress code breach.