Golf Psychology

gusfordham

Hacker
Visit site
I am currently a 3rd year sports science undergrad at the university of Essex. I am completing a research dissertation on the field of psychological skills and anxiety within the game of golf. Participation simply involves a quick 5-10 minute survey asking a few questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated and please do get in contact if you have any questions. The link to the survey is below.

https://essex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_byIwxCyXL0irR5j

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Done, and I actually enjoyed doing that as it brought to light some of my issues.

One the better ones I’ve seen.

gusfordham

Hacker
Visit site
Thank you, that is the general aim, to teach people where they go wrong and how to improve from a psychological point of view and encourage coaches to incorporate more psychological skills within their teaching.
Done, and I actually enjoyed doing that as it brought to light some of my issues.

One the better ones I’ve seen.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
good luck with the studies

would say an important thing to consider over the game of golf is it's advantageous to understand performance quality comes from not looking at the 'whole competition' as one 'large unit' whether that is a competition/tournament over 18 holes - 36 - or 72 - the mindset has to remain in the 'present moment' over the challenge that the next particular single shot presents & the 'conscious repeated process' in the moments before execution of that shot

you could find this book interesting
"the mindside manifesto - the urgency to create a competitive mindset' by bhrett mccabe phd"

gusfordham

Hacker
Visit site
Thank you! Currently just a quite general piece of research covering a wide range of people and issues, possibly future research can be done on more specific areas and items. Nevertheless all extremely fascinating. I will have to give that book a read, thanks for the suggestion.
good luck with the studies

would say an important thing to consider over the game of golf is it's advantageous to understand performance quality comes from not looking at the 'whole competition' as one 'large unit' whether that is a competition/tournament over 18 holes - 36 - or 72 - the mindset has to remain in the 'present moment' over the challenge that the next particular single shot presents & the 'conscious repeated process' in the moments before execution of that shot

you could find this book interesting
"the mindside manifesto - the urgency to create a competitive mindset' by bhrett mccabe phd"

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing set in stone yet however likelihood is a combination of correlations such as Pearsons test, simple t-tests and more complex ANOVAS

Ahh so you have some population bins or some other grouping?

ANOVAs are rarely suited best to survey data without some kind of binning. Remember to run some sort of pre tests like an F test or similar to determine normalality.

You can transform but I would guess you would end up running some non-parametric alternatives...

Is it age, gender or some other binning you have in mind?

Man I miss talking stats, I’m far from an expert however, rank amateur really.