Golf Psychology

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21445

Im probably leading myself to criticism here for promoting my Youtube channel so apologies for that if that is your take.

But

I see lots of people looking for swing tips etc on here when most golfers can improve by just thinking better on the golf course mentally.

My golf psychology series is the content I am most proud of and has had huge amounts of comments from people saying what a massive help to their game it has been.
The series has had over 60,000 views.

I am genuinely posting this because I know it can be really helpful.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwRXF388TbxQlDa5X-hyRcCoM7wS4r5qJ

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched all four.
I did enjoy them and you could be talking to me personally I think to much about outcome.
I found it quite interesting and will give it a go next time I play.
I am guilty of mechanical thoughts on the course and you’re right it dosnt work.
how long do you think this approach takes to set into your game?

D

Deleted member 21445

Just watched all four.
I did enjoy them and you could be talking to me personally I think to much about outcome.
I found it quite interesting and will give it a go next time I play.
I am guilty of mechanical thoughts on the course and you’re right it dosnt work.
how long do you think this approach takes to set into your game?

It's does take time to become automatic so be patient bedding in your routine.. Glad you took something from it ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like a lot of people I read Bob Rotella's Golf Is Not A Game of Perfect a few years ago, and it improved my golf game quite a lot, mentally. I used to get way more angry on the course and reading the book mostly ended that (bar the odd moment!). Also small things like hitting putts that actually reach the hole, rather than timidly leaving them short all the time.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will definitely have a look
Even though I’m 1.8 I’m weak as pee sometimes mentally,especially when it rains.
When it rains I just think to myself.
” I am getting wet but so is everyone else”
best thing I bought was a Galvin Green wide brim hat, so no brolley it’s the brolly that gets your hands wet mostly.
can be a pain in glasses but the hat solved it.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ll give this a watch later, it’s something that I’ve worked on massively the last year to try and improve as I was crumbling after a couple of bad shots and destroyed the round for me.
Like others I’ve read the Bob Rotella books and quite often at work have the audio version playing in the background.
It’s definitely a high percentage of the game is the mental aspect.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
A good reminder on how, where and why to focus - well worth watching. I actually then watched the chap's videos on his attempts to qualify for the British Seniors - really thought provoking and another good - if not better - watch

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
best thing I bought was a Galvin Green wide brim hat, so no brolley it’s the brolly that gets your hands wet mostly.
I’ve got GG everything
I think it’s the gloves
I wear wet weather gloves,just deciding did it let everything get wet,it’s helping.
Southern softy I suppose

evemccc

Visit site
Like a lot of people I read Bob Rotella's Golf Is Not A Game of Perfect a few years ago, and it improved my golf game quite a lot, mentally. I used to get way more angry on the course and reading the book mostly ended that (bar the odd moment!). Also small things like hitting putts that actually reach the hole, rather than timidly leaving them short all the time.

Sounds good will check it out - YouTube channel - and also the Rotella book

I’m not an angry golfer, more a disappointed golfer ? Hate playing golf with club-chuckers personally

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
@TheBigDraw have you looked at any of the DECADE stuff?

If you are interested golf psychology and course management I would highly recommend.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed those vids . Pleasing ton looks a good course too . Not too far from me either
It’s an open qualifier.
played it loads of times the opens are great value.
just a few blind tee shots you really need to play it with someone who can point you in the right direction.
some very steep hills as well.
it’s no pushover.

Captain_Black.

Visit site

When it rains, I don't play, because I hate it.
If I get caught out on the course & it's not a comp, I head straight for the clubhouse.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s an open qualifier.
played it loads of times the opens are great value.
just a few blind tee shots you really need to play it with someone who can point you in the right direction.
some very steep hills as well.
it’s no pushover.
Class course but been revamped over recent years. No longer having to cross the railway line but a bridge has been built further down.

Regarding Opens the price this year has increased this year from £30 to £45.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Class course but been revamped over recent years. No longer having to cross the railway line but a bridge has been built further down.

Regarding Opens the price this year has increased this year from £30 to £45.
Yes the bridge is much better.
The par 5 where your ball can run down the hill is a great hole , if you hit your drive in the right place.
but my fave hole is the par 3 after it stunning hole. Very nice house over the river.