Calling all golfers! Help with collecting data for Psychology research dissertation on golf

DarwinNord

Visit site
Hi guys!

I am a very passionate golfer and student of psychology at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, currently in my last year. I am always trying to improve my golf game, but I rarely see mentions on how to effectively increase your mental skills. Since I think more study into how we interact with golf as people could help with this, I am going to do a research paper on how we as people affect the game we play.

As such, I'm looking for some help with collecting data. This would involve a short personality questionnaire together with some information on you as a player (sex, age, handicap). I want to stress that this will be COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS. There is no risk of me knowing who you are from the information you'd give.

This research means a lot to me, and I would be extremely grateful to anyone willing to take it. Even just sharing the link with other golfers would be awesome should you not be willing to do the questionnaire yourself.

Should anyone be interested in the results once the study is finished, I would be more than willing to post the paper here in the subreddit after it is finished.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to receiving your answers!

The link to the questionnaire: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=sAafLmkWiUWHiRCgaTTcYeFb3O5s1QZGojBSjLHqx3hUOERRWFJVMkdFT05LTFRRSTMxRVE4NFhVMi4u
uni logo.png

DarwinNord

Visit site
Thank you patricks148 and 3offTheTee!

done, but can't help wondering what most of the questions have to do with golf?

Indeed, I could only think that the conclusion will simply be "it takes all sorts".

I'm basing this off a paper done on marathon runners and personality that showed a relationship between the two. It suggested to to a further study on what it called "accuracy-based sports" (golf, archery, rifling etc). I can link the paper here if you guys would like/find it interesting?

DarwinNord

Visit site
Thank you lousie!

I could not think of a sport so far distanced from what I play. The only thing I can think of that is similar is perseverance with futility.

Hahah, indeed :LOL: that is what's going to be interesting to see: does the relationship translate to other type of sports? Very excited to see what the results will be