Golf Polos

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate going into our Pro shop. The quality of the polos (designs) he has for sale I've never seen anywhere else. He buys The best quality and best designs and it's hard not to buy something. Thank god the prices are so high. But when his sales are on, I'm in like flynn. It's all UA and Adidas stuff.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate going into our Pro shop. The quality of the polos (designs) he has for sale I've never seen anywhere else. He buys The best quality and best designs and it's hard not to buy something. Thank god the prices are so high. But when his sales are on, I'm in like flynn. It's all UA and Adidas stuff.
If you like them, County-Golf literally flogs them for 20 quid all the time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What can be done to a "Polo" to make it a "Golf Polo" ?

Asking for a friend.
In the past there was no difference. Now the material of a standard polo is entirely different to a golf, or tennis polo.

You can still wear a standard polo to play golf, obviously, but in hotter weather in particular it isn't the best choice.

On a practical level, golf polos don't need ironing 😄. Wash, put on a hangar, put away a day later.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
In the past there was no difference. Now the material of a standard polo is entirely different to a golf, or tennis polo.

You can still wear a standard polo to play golf, obviously, but in hotter weather in particular it isn't the best choice.

On a practical level, golf polos don't need ironing 😄. Wash, put on a hangar, put away a day later.
It would seem that I have bought several golf polos from Mountain Warehouse, but I thought I was buying standard polos. Ignorance was bliss in this case.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

One of the problems I have with a lot of 'golf' polos is that they are polyester and I prefer to wear cotton. I prefer not sweat in the first instance rather than have something that wicks away the sweat.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i must confess, I also look for "technical" polo's and after mountain bike riding/racing I know there are deifferent levels of "technical", so whats coolmax for one temp range isn't the same as others.

HPIMG

Visit site
My pro shop is wildly priced I don’t know how he survives. First nothing has prices showing and few of us are convinced he just make up the prices. Asked about a new polo I liked the other week just a under armour one £60 in pro shop and online in multiple shops for £40. Few times me and mates have asked for price match and it’s mostly a no.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of the problems I have with a lot of 'golf' polos is that they are polyester and I prefer to wear cotton. I prefer not sweat in the first instance rather than have something that wicks away the sweat.
Having worn the new fabric shirts for a number of years now, I wore an old cotton one for a manky job in the garage the other week....felt so heavy, almost like an overcoat.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having worn the new fabric shirts for a number of years now, I wore an old cotton one for a manky job in the garage the other week....felt so heavy, almost like an overcoat.
My cotton shirts are a range of thicknesses to suit the time of the year. I will go to poly cotton in slightly cooler times. I have only ever had one polyester shirt that did not cause me to sweat (when I would not have sweated in cotton) and that was a club logoed Glenmuir shirt which I had to have to play in the team.