Golf on TV (geting it (how))

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have cable BB+TV with Virgin. My wife likes to watch golf on TV. We DO NOT watch football and are ideologically opposed to paying for Sky Sports to fund the salaries of the premier league. I am happy to pay (a reasonable) sum for a reliable golf channel. What are my options / choices?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge the only way to watch golf legally in the UK apart from highlights programmes on some channels is via Sky whether that be with Sky Direct, Virgin Media or NOW tv.

If you have VPN it may be possible watch some other tour stuff like the PGA through the net.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge the only way to watch golf legally in the UK apart from highlights programmes on some channels is via Sky whether that be with Sky Direct, Virgin Media or NOW tv.

If you have VPN it may be possible watch some other tour stuff like the PGA through the net.
Funnily enough, the European tour is probably covered better by the golf channel than the pga tour which switches to the networks at the weekend for the bigger events and which are consequently unwatchable due to ads.
Pga tour live is also a bit weak at weekends I believe.
Listen to the nlu crew about us golf coverage to feel their pain.
All the above would require a vpn. Not sure whether the quality would work on a great big telly.
You can buy golf as a single channel on sky...

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Buy a month pass from NowTV for £32.99. As soon as you have activated it cancel the renewal. They will ask you why. Answer "can't afford". They will ask twice if you're sure, say "yes" then they will offer you two months for £19.99 per month. Worked for me several times.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi - If you have TalkTalk as your Internet Provider you can buy a Now tv boost via them for £20 per month. I have this at £20 per month until November 2021. You can receive all 11 Sky Sports channels with this