Golf obsession

asru1927

Hacker
Visit site
So I have been playing for about 3 years and I can honestly say that golf has taken over my life. Its constantly on my brain throughout the day... is this common - does it ever go away?

D

Deleted member 1418

So I have been playing for about 3 years and I can honestly say that golf has taken over my life. Its constantly on my brain throughout the day... is this common - does it ever go away?

If you're really into it then have you considered starting your own online blog and YouTube channel???!! 😂😂

I've been playing golf for over 30 years now and still love it. I'm not obsessed, but always get excited about playing.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been playing for 30 years and still love playing and practicing as much as I can. It's not just you. Off on a golf holiday tomorrow which will probably be the start of an 8 day run of golf every day. Great if you're playing well but can be torturous if you've left your swing at home.

I'm 56 and still trying to improve.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think Srixon made a great point.

When I am swinging well I love golf, think about it can't wait until I can get back.

When I am swinging badly, I hate golf, put off playing, worried can I ever make contact with the ball anymore etc

Really is a game thatb plays with your emotions. I played football and tennis to a decent standard and never had anywhere near the fluctuations in form i do at golf.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

I find myself looking at land when driving around and thinking, "that would be a tremendous par 3/4/5". I'm not quite obsessed enough for it to take over my life but I do plan work around golf on occasion.

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think Srixon made a great point.

When I am swinging well I love golf, think about it can't wait until I can get back.

When I am swinging badly, I hate golf, put off playing, worried can I ever make contact with the ball anymore etc

Really is a game thatb plays with your emotions. I played football and tennis to a decent standard and never had anywhere near the fluctuations in form i do at golf.

Same, I was talking to a guy in our club golf team the other day. The thing that annoys me with golf, is that when I was playing football, if I was having a mare and the winger was destroying me, at least the manager could say “right, Neil’s having a tuning, we’re going to do X Y and Z and that’ll sort it out”. Whereas with golf, I just feel so helpless when I’m playing badly 😂

asru1927

Hacker
Visit site
Oh good I am glad its not just me... I was at a wedding the other day and during the ceremony I was thinking “They should give people the option to skip this and play 9 holes”... that would be a good favour to give the guests.

Honestly though I have played football from a very young age and that all came natural to me, golf is a compeltely different beast. If I could buy consistency in a round I would remortgage the house and invest without batting an eye lid.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I honestly seem to spend hours on an evening looking at golf equipment and gear and thinking about when im next playing ! definitely a bit obsessed

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely obsessed. Not going to leave me now. Even when it's going badly as it is right now, I simply try and improve and turn it around. When I play well (not often) I love the feeling of being able to swing freely and feel the ball come off the centre of the club

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Obsessed, nah. Might buy the odd item of clothing every other week. Might play twice a week. Might read the mags picking up tips every week. Might look for golf courses whilst on holiday. Might go though every soddin emotion known to man and a few more known to women whilst playing a round.
Nah, you would have to be tapped playing a Game where you are still hitting your shots in bed.😖

asru1927

Hacker
Visit site
Its amazing isnt it? I used to follow my football team all over, never thought anything could ever occupy my mind apart from the coming fixture at the week-end with the summers being a relief from the misery and torture of poor results...

Then I took up golf and swapped pain and misery for heartbreak and despair!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its amazing isnt it? I used to follow my football team all over, never thought anything could ever occupy my mind apart from the coming fixture at the week-end with the summers being a relief from the misery and torture of poor results...

Then I took up golf and swapped pain and misery for heartbreak and despair!!

I use to follow Fulham home and away religiously and I was always thinking about the game coming up, enjoying the previous win or moaning about another inept performance and defeat and thinking about the best way to get to the next away match. Watching them in the lower leagues was definitely torture but it was a feeling of a shared torture amongst the fans at the game. Now with golf it's yours and yours alone. The bad news is golf will always find a fresh way to disappoint your hopes. That's just the nature of the game

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Obsessed, nah. Might buy the odd item of clothing every other week. Might play twice a week. Might read the mags picking up tips every week. Might look for golf courses whilst on holiday. Might go though every soddin emotion known to man and a few more known to women whilst playing a round.
Nah, you would have to be tapped playing a Game where you are still hitting your shots in bed.😖

Ha! well said👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha, I'm the same these days I think. Two weekends ago I played really well so I couldn't wait to get out again and keep it going. This weekend I played poorly, so I can't wait to go out again and try to play better. Conclusion, no matter how I play I'm eager to get out again.

I played off and on from the age of 14, but wasn't that bothered until I was about 28 (3-4 years ago) and only then did I suddenly get the bug really.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I used to constantly be holding a pen or a bottle or anything really at work and be practicing a putting stroke. That never happens any more. My obsession is definitely over.