Golf near Benidorm

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Looking to book a few days golf in early December, for three or four blokes, and intend to stay in Benidorm.
Would welcome any advice on where to play, ideally not too far away.
Happy to play Melia Villaitana if people say its worth it, but don’t want to stay there. We like central Benidorm.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not played any in the Benidorm area, but if you are prepared to travel back towards Alicante, then Font Del Llop is excellent, also recommend Alenda, Alicante (you can get a tram from Benidorm for a few euros) is decent, Alenda, and Bonalba also good, and right next to the airport is El Plantio - which like Alicante is always good value and if you can fit it round your flight times is perfect for the 1st or last days golf.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not played any in the Benidorm area, but if you are prepared to travel back towards Alicante, then Font Del Llop is excellent, also recommend Alenda, Alicante (you can get a tram from Benidorm for a few euros) is decent, Alenda, and Bonalba also good, and right next to the airport is El Plantio - which like Alicante is always good value and if you can fit it round your flight times is perfect for the 1st or last days golf.

Thank you, that's very informative. I've heard of, but not played, most of those courses. I will do some research on them this evening. Thanks again

babylonsinger

Visit site
A group of us (all mid/high handicappers) played both courses at Villaitana about 2015. Enjoyed both and felt they were reasonable value for what we paid but cant say they blew me away either. The Poniente (sp) was a shorter course with a mixture of par 3s and par4s.

15 minute or so taxi ride into Benidorm in the nights

The Fader

Visit site

Another vote for Font del Llop. Set in the mountains with some stunning vistas.

Staying in the area and have joined on a temporary 3 month membership.

Course in decent shape - and a good variety of holes. Front 9 a bit tougher than the back IMO.

Only downside is the proliferation of pitchmarks on the greens (God, I hate lazy golfers!!) but this seems the norm on most Spanish courses I have played.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Another vote for Font del Llop. Set in the mountains with some stunning vistas.

Staying in the area and have joined on a temporary 3 month membership.

Course in decent shape - and a good variety of holes. Front 9 a bit tougher than the back IMO.

Only downside is the proliferation of pitchmarks on the greens (God, I hate lazy golfers!!) but this seems the norm on most Spanish courses I have played.

Thanks for that. It does look great on the sites I’ve looked at.
Out of interest, how much did three months membership cost you? And does it come with caveats, such as only being able to play on weekdays?
I’ve often wondered how people manage to play a lot of golf while living abroad, as individual rounds tend to cost so much.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Out of interest, how much did three months membership cost you? And does it come with caveats, such as only being able to play on weekdays?
I’ve often wondered how people manage to play a lot of golf while living abroad, as individual rounds tend to cost so much.

Golf societies, 50 to 55 euros a round with a buggy, and we used to play some cracking courses.

The Fader

Visit site

I paid EUR 525 for 3 months temporary membership. Plus EUR 5 for each round.

Over 3 months, I reckon I will play c. 40 times. Will work out less than EUR 20 per round. Cheap as chips for a quality course.

Played with a Norwegian couple today who paid EUR 181 for 2 green fees and a buggy!

No restrictions whatsoever - treated as a full member.

Only slightly odd thing - no online booking. E-mail, telephone or book in person. E- mail response times have been minutes.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Over 3 months, I reckon I will play c. 40 times. Will work out less than EUR 20 per round. Cheap as chips for a quality course.

Played with a Norwegian couple today who paid EUR 181 for 2 green fees and a buggy!

Only slightly odd thing - no online booking. E-mail, telephone or book in person. E- mail response times have been minutes.

Welcome to Spain, don't let a machine do something for free that a paid worker could do instead. ;-)

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site

Thanks for that, it's really interesting. I have no time or plans at the moment to do it, but I had wondered how it would be possible to play much golf on an extended stay in Spain, when I've rarely paid less than 90 quid to play 18. Every day's a school day, thanks again.