Golf Monthly Top 100 No. 1....... Turnberry March 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A very good option for you would be Southerness, the journey from there to Turnberry is about 20 mins longer than from Lanark but you'll get to Southerness over an hour or so earlier than heading up to Lanark.

Not knocking Lanark at all as it's superb but it's probably as good a chance as you'll get to play Southerness.

Yep.... you've got to play it once!!....

.....to know that it's a 'pig' in bad weather. In that respect I guess it could be good practise for bad weather at Turnberry, but as I've done it, I'll be looking at Lanark :D

D

Deleted member 17920

Lincoln Quaker £20
Liverbirdie £20
Birchy £199
Odvan £20
Oxfordcomma £20
Val £20
jimaroid £20
Captainron £20
Region 3 £20
Region 3 + 1 £20
Region 3 + 2 £20
Chellie £70
Chellie + 1 £70
robobum £20
Karl102 £20
pauldj42 £20
Adam Williams £20
Darren Williams £20
hdidkenny £20
Beezerk £20
Moogie £70
Richy £20
Wookie £20
Scousers Boss £20
Dave Mc £20
Junior £199
Scouser £20
Andy W £20
Bluewolf £20
topoftheflop £20
Duffers £20
Anotherdouble £20
IanM £20
Piece £20
PNWokingham £20
Tojan615 £20
paperboy £109
Lee Nixon £20
Chiefio £20
Wes £20
Ger147 £20
2blue £20
Fairway dodger £20
DaveMC +1 £20
Lousie A £70
NWJocko £20
Hobbit £20
Radbourne2010 £30
NJROSE51 £20
Liverbirdie Paul £20
Liverbirdie Glen £199
Merv_Swerve £70
JPXpro £20
Bernix £70
Papas 1982 £20
Fish £20
Petelav £100
Pieman £20

Thanks to those who have sent payments, next payment of £50 by the end of the month please :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good work mate, will get ours sent over in the next week or so.

Any news on next years (no 36 holer) mega meet? :D

Yep, pain in the ***** like you aren't invited.:rofl:

Dont forget to pay Glyn (not birchy), and if via paypal as family and friends (gift), otherwise charges apply.:thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
A very good option for you would be Southerness, the journey from there to Turnberry is about 20 mins longer than from Lanark but you'll get to Southerness over an hour or so earlier than heading up to Lanark.

Not knocking Lanark at all as it's superb but it's probably as good a chance as you'll get to play Southerness.

Yes I thought of Southerness at one point, it will depend on where others are looking to play on Friday and at what time, but you're right, it would be a good opportunity to tic it off the bucket list and then a shorter journey to Turnberry Friday night.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will be driving the opposite direction to Southerness :D

If that place had a nickname it would be "the ex wife" a right ugly bi**h that tries to destroy you :rofl:

Fish

Banned
Visit site

If that place had a nickname it would be "the ex wife" a right ugly bi**h that tries to destroy you :rofl:

Worth trying to tame and knock it into shape then 😜

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Craig, You can have my place mate, I've only just realised this date clashes with our annual trip to The Cheltenham Festival.

That's a pity mate. Still the festival is always a good time. If you can just give your scouse dollar to one of the others to bring so you can still make a donation to the blues bros ale fund you will be held ghly thought of

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I agree with this ^^^^^^

Worth trying to tame and knock it into shape then 😜

With a Par off the Whites of 69 & SSS of 73...... aye get on with it.... we've done it!!

& the 10th reads like this on their lovely website,,,,,
"The tenth hole is a pleasant but well guarded 168 yard par 3. The green which is at an angle to the tee is surrounded by 7 bunkers and a full carry is required. This hole varies tremendously with the strength and direction of the wind."
Yep, last sentence says it all..... it was our NP hole..... needed a driver & no one hit the green from our group of 16 or so forumers.... I nailed one & it didn't reach the bunkers. One of our group hit it too high so it came back over our heads with us scattering off the tee..... but Hey-Ho its one off the bucket list.
We gave their members coming in from a mornings routine knock, rite sideways looks.
Aye.... enjoy!!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's a pity mate. Still the festival is always a good time. If you can just give your scouse dollar to one of the others to bring so you can still make a donation to the blues bros ale fund you will be held ghly thought of

Hey, it was only a fifth part of a win, so was only scouse coin.;)

Now I took a few dollars off your blue compatriots though.....