Golf Monthly Prostate Cancer UK The Big Race - Donate To The Team!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My new word of the day “brachytherapy”, in next Monday.

Thanks for posting that it’s information I didn’t know about I hope your treatment goes well.

Following two psa tests I have had a scan a few weeks ago and followed up with a biopsy on Monday and awaiting the results.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Counted every one of the 12 samples they took, then those dreaded words, 'Oops, didn't get that one'.
I’m not sure how many samples they took around 10 I think and was mighty relived when he said this is the last one.

How did your results go and how are you now, read this thread you started with interest knowing little about prostate cancer.

I had two psa tests first was 6.9 second was lower which led on to a mri scan then a biopsy.

I’m aware of the doubts about psa testing after reading this thread and researching a bit.

I’m glad I had the psa tests to begin with.

Genu9

Visit site
It's been eight years since I had the first test and five years since Radiotherapy. 16.4 before treatment and only once gone over 1.00 during the six monthly test since then. Next one in Jnuary. If I hadn't been in the Wellman programme it probably wouldn't have been picked up.
To all those who cast doubt on the validity of PSA testing, I'm the surving proof of the fact it worked, (for me). Some kind of test is better than 'nothing'.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The last time I had biopsies they took 19 and I'm sure they used toe nail clippers. However, a new type of gadget was used that got to where old ones couldn't, and they found a new growth almost exactly 12 months ago that was more aggressive.

Prostate whipped out at the end of February this year and I have a PSA check every 4 months and my latest one last week came back "not detectable" it doesn't get better than that!

Any symptoms, get off to your doctor - it need'nt be the killer that it is, if you seek attention at the early signs

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last time I had biopsies they took 19 and I'm sure they used toe nail clippers. However, a new type of gadget was used that got to where old ones couldn't, and they found a new growth almost exactly 12 months ago that was more aggressive.

Prostate whipped out at the end of February this year and I have a PSA check every 4 months and my latest one last week came back "not detectable" it doesn't get better than that!

Any symptoms, get off to your doctor - it need'nt be the killer that it is, if you seek attention at the early signs

Great news mate, still a bit apprehensive about Monday but at least the parking free